dibpwnt,

Glad thing are better for you, don't forget to run those cleaners and clean out the temp files.

You may want to think about backing up your files so that if a disaster ever hits you you won't lose those precious files. There are many ways to backup, the easiest being a Thumb Drive , they make them now with large storage and all your music files would fit well. I back up all my files and pictures to a Maxtor One Touch USB External Hard drive, you can find them at Costco pretty reasonable, Costco also sells the San Disk Mini Cruzer USB Thumb Drive, they have them now that hold 4GB for around $60 . Either way , do it, if your hard drive ever fails you will have all of your files backed up and you can transfer them to your new drive...its that easy.

Keep in mind if you install some of these programs. Only ONE Anti Virus and only ONE Firewall is recommended, more is overkill and can cause you problems. You can install all the Spyware programs I have listed without any problems. If you install Spyware Blaster, you can still install Spybot Search and Destroy but do not enable the TeaTimer in Spybot.
Here are some free programs to install, all free and highly regarded by the fine people in the Malware Removal Community
  • Spybot Search and Destroy 1.5
    Check for Updates/ Immunize and run a Full System Scan on a regular basis. If you install Spyware Blaster ( Recommended ) then do not enable the TeaTimer in Spybot Search and Destroy.
  • Spyware Blaster It will prevent most spyware from ever being installed. No scan to run, just update about once a week and enable all protection.
  • Spyware Guard It offers realtime protection from spyware installation attempts, again, no scan to run, just install it and let it do its thing.
  • IE-Spyad
    IE-Spyad places over 6000 web sites and domains in the IE Restricted list which will severely impair attempts to infect your system. It basically prevents any downloads (cookies etc) from the sites listed, although you will still be able to connect to the sites.
  • Firefox 2.0.0.12 It has more features and is a lot more secure than IE. It is a very easy and painless download and install, it will no way interfere with IE, you can use them both.

Glad we could help

Safe Surfn
Ken