Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TeaTimer quirk?

Default Some comfort...

Thank you honda12 from another nervous newbie.
    Although I have had a computer for about 5 years and consider myself to be a somewhat average user, I don't like messing with things I don't understand. If I can't hold it in my hand and look at it I'm not comfortable.

I also find tutorials and a lot of forums automatically assume everyone reading is in some advanced state of geekhood and understands the language (or worse abbreviations).

The posts from honu1 could have been from me.
    I too, recently upgraded to the latest Spybot with TeaTimer and have been very intimidated by the pop ups. I spend a lot of time on a large motorcycle forum and am constantly clicking on links and user profiles. TeaTimer acts like a Gattling gun with rapid fire popups. I find the tutorial lacking and just take the chance to allow everything without knowing whether to save changes or not.

I got so frustrated I went into msconfig and removed TeaTimer from start up. Then I cruised other "tech" forums and was bombarded with nononononono...never disable teatimer. So, I enabled it again, but now see how to disable it within tools should I decide to do so again..

Anyway...it is good to hear from a Spybot forum Sr. Member that it is not necessarily a bad thing to disable it.

I ran the old S&D version without TeaTimer for years, so what is the big deal with not using TeaTimer?

Thanks again for being patient with the likes of honu1 amd me and explaining things in very understandable terms.

H~

Wink

No problem Hawgwash,

I'm just here to help

Default Tea Timer Problems

Thank you for the information on how to disable tea timer, I actually used ccleaner to disable the function by excluding it in the startup menu, my problem was pretty basic, my PC actually has 72 processes running and yes dispute the fact you would all tell me I do not need that many - I do, I have narrowed it down to the minimum that I use on a daily basis.

Tea timer was slowing down my start-up by using excessive resources for 1 full minute at start-up, varying from 40% to 65% CPU Usage, this is unacceptable and I will not allow any program that is that intensive as a resource hog, that is why I dumped Norton and McAfee for System Suite and/or NOD 32 (I Have 7 PCs)