Thread: Word link

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Security Expert-emeritus Juliet's Avatar

dry-cleaners

ironing isn't to bad if it only a couple pieces.
    Windows Insider MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2017
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

shirt
    (m/f)

blouse...

I suppose ironing wouldn't be too bad, but the stuff I've piled on the ironing board over the years kind of is a deterrent to starting.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    blouse...

I suppose ironing wouldn't be too bad, but the stuff I've piled on the ironing board over the years kind of is a deterrent to starting.
    I remember that from my mom. she had a whole room full of stuff...

skirt
    (m/f)

pillow-cases
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

Pillow Sham...

hehe, guess your Mom didn't iron either.
    My grandma never ironed either, and I noticed her ironing board has stuff piled on it, too. I know my Mom never irons, but she doesn't pile stuff on her ironing board, mainly because her cat uses the ironing board as a jungle gym, so she keeps it clear for her.

The stuff on my ironing board somehow manages to be too good to throw out, but not really good enough to keep. Weirdly enough, I don't recall ever really stacking anything on there, either. It's like a ....twilight zone ironing board or something.
    I did notice my hubby decided to tie a grocery bag to it, and has been emptying the dryer lint trap there. I.....can't possibly fathom why one would save dryer lint, unless he's saving it up to throw out all at once. Or planning to knit some kind of dryer lint sweater. I decided I'd refrain from asking.

I'm surprised they don't have irons that will iron by themselves by now, like a roomba.

starch
    Say, save that lint. Its good for starting fires. You ever use a fire place?

My grandmother mended clothes for a living, a dairy farm where they wore overalls.
    I used to watch her sew, then iron then seams and finish.

Mother mostly ironed when making little dresses or something for us kids. Said it was cheaper to make then to buy.