Page 949 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 449849899939945946947948949950951952953959999 ... LastLast
Results 9,481 to 9,490 of 10095

Thread: Word link

I always kind of feel bad for babies. They can't just tell you something like "Hey, this diaper creme isn't working" or "This blanket is too scratchy!", all they can do is cry and hope the parent finds what is wrong.

Security Expert-emeritus Juliet's Avatar

I was playing with my little nephew while he laid on his back, moving his little legs like riding a bicycle, well, it triggered an internal response.
    Sounded as loud as an adult!, I think he might have even jumped when it happened.
    Windows Insider MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2017
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

Startled...
    That probably surprised him as much as it did you, lol!

I think one of the worse times I was startled, was when lightning struck close by.
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

Thunder...
    That would be startling. I never used to mind lightning, but now I don't like it at all.

Wonder how you would react to a Tornado, we get them seasonally

Funnel Clouds...

Tornado's are sort of partly why I started being scared of lightning, I think. I was in Ontario years and years ago, and they had a thunder storm that made the thunderstorms around here seem like a cakewalk. Then we headed home through New York state during a rainstorm so bad it was hard to see through the windshield, and there was a tornado watch. Then we started seeing circular clouds in the sky. At the time, it just seemed like a crazy adventure, but when I got home for some reason when there was lightning I feel a range of uneasy to downright scared. Phobias/fears are weird,lol.

straight line winds

Our home has never been directly hit, but, we have gotten up in the morning after a rough night to see tons of debris in our yard and on the roof.
    A ride around a few miles away, we saw the damage and where all that pink insulation had come from.
    Scary and real.

Damage...

I imagine it is scary! We had a tornado in my province last year, apparently, but I guess we hadn't had a confirmed one for something like 22 years before that. I hope it stays that way.
    It makes you wonder how our ancestors coped with tornadoes. Surely they must have thought it was the wrath of whatever goddesses or gods they worshiped, how would they ever understand what was really happening?

Horrific

I'd like to be like Dorothy from the Wizard of OZ
    Let me fall on a witch!