Page 775 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 275675725765771772773774775776777778779785825875 ... LastLast
Results 7,741 to 7,750 of 10095

Thread: Word link

shirt
    (m/f)

blouse...

I suppose ironing wouldn't be too bad, but the stuff I've piled on the ironing board over the years kind of is a deterrent to starting.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    blouse...

I suppose ironing wouldn't be too bad, but the stuff I've piled on the ironing board over the years kind of is a deterrent to starting.
    I remember that from my mom. she had a whole room full of stuff...

skirt
    (m/f)

Security Expert-emeritus Juliet's Avatar

pillow-cases
    Windows Insider MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2017
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

Pillow Sham...

hehe, guess your Mom didn't iron either.
    My grandma never ironed either, and I noticed her ironing board has stuff piled on it, too. I know my Mom never irons, but she doesn't pile stuff on her ironing board, mainly because her cat uses the ironing board as a jungle gym, so she keeps it clear for her.

The stuff on my ironing board somehow manages to be too good to throw out, but not really good enough to keep. Weirdly enough, I don't recall ever really stacking anything on there, either. It's like a ....twilight zone ironing board or something.
    I did notice my hubby decided to tie a grocery bag to it, and has been emptying the dryer lint trap there. I.....can't possibly fathom why one would save dryer lint, unless he's saving it up to throw out all at once. Or planning to knit some kind of dryer lint sweater. I decided I'd refrain from asking.

I'm surprised they don't have irons that will iron by themselves by now, like a roomba.

starch
    Say, save that lint. Its good for starting fires. You ever use a fire place?

My grandmother mended clothes for a living, a dairy farm where they wore overalls.
    I used to watch her sew, then iron then seams and finish.

Mother mostly ironed when making little dresses or something for us kids. Said it was cheaper to make then to buy.
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

tinted...

Oh, fantastic. I don't have a fireplace, but I'll give the bag of lint to my grandma, she has one.

I remember my relatives making clothes, too. They'd get patterns and make clothes. You don't see that as much anymore, at least not in my family. Maybe it's not as cheap to make clothes now as it once was.

fabrics

I think teaching young ladies the art of cooking, sewing, has become a lost art.
    In the past there were classes that taught this in High School but I don't think it's offered any more.

Linens....

Oh, we had that. It was Home Ec. I'm not sure what the ec stood for, economics, maybe. For half a year, the girls would take industrial arts, which was basically wood working, and the boys would take Home Ec. Then after Christmas break we would all switch. Home Ec and Industrial Arts would run for 3 class periods, so basically all afternoon. Industrial Arts was really cool, but I haaaaaaated home ec. It seemed like it took forever. I did terrible with sewing, and cooking.

Now, my husband went to a different school, and instead of switching mid-year, they could choose either industrial arts or home ec. And he chose Home Ec. because that's where all the girls were. (Smart man!)

Now he does most of the cooking and clothes mending needed, so that worked out well for later life. I'd love to say it worked out more fair, but I've done just about zero woodworking so far.

garments
    Going back that far and trying to remember, if it wasn't like yesterday I'm not that good but, I think
    Home Ec was all year, part one was cooking, then second semester was sewing. Wood working was a guy thing, it lasted all year and have no idea how that was broke up.
    Here, I do all the cooking. I love trying new recipes and baking home made sweets but, I think what I learned was actually more from my mother and grand mother then Home Ec.