Page 776 of 1009 FirstFirst ... 276676726766772773774775776777778779780786826876 ... LastLast
Results 7,751 to 7,760 of 10086

Thread: Word link

clothes...

I bet that's why you like cooking, you got to learn from your Mom and Grandma, it was probably one on one instead of someone trying to teach a group, like they do in home ec and it was probably fun to do.

It's funny, way back to my great-grandparents, I remember my great-grampa doing most of the cooking when he was home. Most of us girls didn't take much of an interest in it. My Mom never did, until one day she suddenly started cooking in a restaurant. Now she's a great cook. She always laughs and says cooking is great, as long as someone pays her to do it.

Security Expert-emeritus Juliet's Avatar

designer

No one took your mother aside to work with her to show her how to cook the foods she liked best?

No offense to my Mom, cooking with my grandmother was more fun.
    And it was one on one. Just seeing how these dishes were made and what they did to get that specific flavor.......the aroma's that went through the house is just the biggest memories.
    The one thing to this day I still cannot re-produce is my grandmothers cabbage and corn bread. (I know, many would turn their noses up to that buts its a southern food) as a child I loved it.
    Windows Insider MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2017
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

Chloé...

Probably not, or if they did she probably wasn't too interested. But she used to have some things she liked to make, like hodge podge, so she probably learned that from my grandma. Both make it every so often, and it is delicious.

I've never had cabbage and cornbread, but it doesn't sound so bad. I'd probably rather have that than corned beef and cabbage.

Grandma's are sometimes a bit more fun when they teach you things, they always seem to have so much patience.

Lenoir

corned beef and cabbage was always to salty for my taste, bet you would like deviled eggs
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

business partner...

Yes, I love deviled eggs. Though I bought some from a store once, and the yolk part was turned downwards, which I thought was odd, but thought no more of it. I got two packs, one was excellent, then when we opened the other one....green. The yolk parts were bright green, and it most definitely wasn't Saint Patrick's Day.

alliance

yolk turned green means it was cooked to long.

Avengers....

Oh, I didn't know that. I thought perhaps they were a real fan of Dr. Suess, but forgot the ham.

superhero

If they get to that color it really wont hurt anything. One thing that makes food so good is presentation.

Kermit.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Robin. I used to think he was so adorable.
    https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20160224164934

I wish I'd have known that they were just cooked too long. I could have ate one in front of my hubby to mess with him, lol!