Page 976 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 476876926966972973974975976977978979980986 ... LastLast
Results 9,751 to 9,760 of 10093

Thread: Word link

I'm glad to know I probably wasn't imagining things, then. He must have decided on flight instead of fight.
    I saw a skunk a while back when I was visiting somebody. He/she marched across the parking lot and disappeared into the rocks in the rock wall by the bank as bold as brass. I'm not sure what one was doing in town.
    I guess skunks stamp their front feet to warn you if they feel threatened before they spray, which I've never seen but sounds absolutely adorable.

Security Expert-emeritus Juliet's Avatar

Don't know about stomping their feet I just know don't stand behind them.
    We've had one in the past take up home under our deck, could not go outside for quite some time afterwards, had to hold our nose.
    Windows Insider MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2017
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

Yikes! Now that's not a house guest anyone wants.

Later...

I don't know whatever happened to the skunk but we have seen a ground hog in the back yard.......pretty sure they don't have a pleasant smell either.
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

Quebec had a sad groundhog day this year when they found out their groundhog Fred la marmotte had passed away.
    I'm not sure if groundhogs smell or not. We were the (very reluctant!) host of a mama raccoon and a guesstimated 4 to 6 raccoon babies in our shed a year or so back, and they didn't smell real fresh or spring-like I'll tell you that.
    I discovered a very very (very!) large raccoon in the shed when I went to get my paint brush in there. My husband was gone away for a week or so.
    After some research into humane evictions and discovering that raccoons are great mothers, but there was a small chance she might abandon them if evicted, I let her remain in the shed. I was very careful not to engage with her or them so they wouldn't become human friendly.

Fun fact: Having this kind of conversation...."Screeeam -What are you doing in my shed!??! You can't stay in there. Are you pregnant!?! You can't stay and have babies in there. Shoo! Shoo!" is apparently not a very good raccoon deterrent.

Oh my gosh, didn't they do checks on Fred la marmotte?
    LOL

I'm thinking, someone screaming at me would probably make me get the heck out of dodge.

Walking into the garage one summer day I just happened to look up, still don't know why I did that but, I saw a support beam or whatever and saw a hornets nest just above my head that I had not seen before.
    Wasn't a small nest so I have no clue why I had never before but..........gave me shivers to think that thing could had fell on me and then I would had been in a world of hurt!

I guess they must not have except for the day before groundhogs day they checked his burrow. I'm not sure if he died of old age or something else , the poor thing.
    Not sure what that means for spring coming, lol!

Yikes! That's scary.
    I once sprayed a hornet's nest out of the barbecue with a hose. Probably not the safest endeavor or my smartest moment, but I was unscathed, hehe!

Goosebumps...

My luck, there wouldn't had been a water faucet.

big hairy spiders

They seem to like the barbecues for some reason. I've had a hornet's nest in two different ones.
    I don't mind spiders too much. Somebody online posted a video of spiders crawling through the snow the other day, which I thought was a bit weird, but I dunno, maybe spiders do that and I just didn't know about it.

oh heavens that had to look absurd.
    I would think they like tropical environments better.