Page 991 of 1013 FirstFirst ... 4918919419819879889899909919929939949951001 ... LastLast
Results 9,901 to 9,910 of 10124

Thread: Word link

This is the first time I ever learned black walnut trees exist. I'd never heard of them before. From what I see on google, very pretty! And I also see the wood is indeed worth a lot. Learn something new everyday.

Security Expert-emeritus Juliet's Avatar

My nephew started picking some up (walnuts) that had very recently fell from the trees, looked down and saw his hands had changed color.......
    Evidently, the hulls can also be used to create stain?, took a few days to get that off or rather had to wear off.

exist <= extinction
    Windows Insider MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2017
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

I saw that when I googled. There was a picture of a woman with stained hands from the walnuts. It looked like it would take some effort to get off her hands. I also saw some black walnut floor pictures and the floor was gorgeous. It's cool you kept your black walnut trees, I bet they're so pretty.

Extinction event.

event <= historical

Myself, I think the walnut trees grow way to tall and can be dangerous. We live in an area prone to tornadoes so you really don't want these massive trees close at all to your house.
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

Yes, that would be scary during a tornado. Pretty trees are great, but not when they're crashing through your roof.

Pre-history...

Ice age

Thorn...

I'm not sure why that popped into my head, I never watched Ice Age. I actually had to look it up to see what I meant!

Thorn <= bush

Blackberry...

You know, here in the south where I live we have a ton of blackberry bushes but, I have never liked the taste nor the seeds that come along with it.
    I don't even like strawberries. If I were to eat a fruit pie or cobbler I'd go for Apple.