Page 994 of 1013 FirstFirst ... 4948949449849909919929939949959969979981004 ... LastLast
Results 9,931 to 9,940 of 10124

Thread: Word link

Well, then you'd probably get the hiccups.
    Buzzed...

Security Expert-emeritus Juliet's Avatar

head spinning
    Windows Insider MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2017
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

Dizziness...
    Ugh, that is THE worst. One of my friends has vertigo. I always thought that would be horrible being fine one minute, and dizzy the next. At least if you're drinking and your head starts spinning, it might catch you unawares like vertigo does, but you pretty much know why it's happening. When you get vertigo the first time, you don't know for sure if it is vertigo or something else.

that sounds like a nightmare
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

I don't like nightmares, but what used to bother me the most was sleep paralysis.

sleep paralysis <== done this twice.
    This is when I found out I had sleep apnea

I wonder if that might be why you had sleep paralysis? Maybe you woke up one of the times when you stopped breathing, but being still in a dream-like state you couldn't move.

Cpap Machine...

I have no idea, and it really messed with me over what I thought I saw.
    Have seen where some think it's a form of Narcolepsy

That is really interesting. I didn't know about that. I've had sleep problems most of my life. I'll have to look into that more sometime.
    When I had sleep paralysis I had false awakenings to go with it. Multiple times in a row. While dreaming of getting up, then turning around and seeing myself sleeping. Then waking up, experiencing sleep paralysis, then going through the whole thing again. It was plenty icky.
    Seeing things or hearing things when waking up or going to sleep oftentimes are hypnopompic or hypnagogic hallucinations. I've had them. Though that is not to say if something important to you was seen it was necessarily that. My husband thought his grandmother came to hug him one night while he was asleep. He screamed. I was up and went in and he told me about it. I kind of would like to think somehow it really was her saying hello, though a hallucination would be the more rational explanation(I really liked his grandmother). I think hallucinations might be one of the good explanations for when people think they're being operated on by aliens while they sleep and such.

Btw, I was once told a trick for sleep paralysis. I'll have to paraphrase a little since it's been years, but concentrate on wiggling your big toe. If you can get that moving you should snap out of it. That worked for me the last time I had sleep paralysis and I've never had it since. It's probably a placebo, but it worked like a charm for me.

(Wow, I didn't mean to type out war and peace! Wordiest post ever.)

I personally saw a demon and could not move and was able to have think process while this was going on.

Have you heard of night terrors?
    I once worked with a lady who's son had them, bad. Felt really sorry for him and that he nearly had to be locked in his room and windows fixed to not open.
    Some sleep disorders are devastating