Thread: Install/Uninstall Issues

Cool Install/Uninstall Issues

I originally had SBSD ver. 1.4 installed when ver. 1.5.1 was released. Somehow I downloaded ver. 1.5.1 when starting up ver. 1.4. I kept it on my desktop until a time when I was able to uninstall the earlier ver. I then installed ver. 1.5.1 and had it running a short time when I somehow ended up downloading ver. 1.5.2. I can't seem to find it anywhere on my computer now. However, after uninstalling ver. 1.5.1 I find that I still have a subfolder entitled "PLUGINS" and the following 5 files: advcheck.dll, advcheck.dll.bak, dialogs, TeaTimer_original ver. 1.4.0.2 and version_history.
    Do I need to keep these files if I want to install the latest update, (ver. 1.5.2); or , if I decide that I don't want to install the update, but totally remove SBSD can I just delete them with having to get into the registry? (I also still have ver. 1.5.1 on my desktop--can I just delete it from there? I can't seem to find the installation file anywhere.)

Finally, should I decide to reinstall the update, I am curious about the amount of memory TeaTimer uses. I noticed that when I opened the Task Manager, TeaTimer was using 33.3 MB of memory. Is that amount to be expected?

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Delete the plugins. Delete the old desktop icon.

Right now my TeaTimer.exe is using 26,860 K.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Question Install/uninstall Issues

Should I also delete these five files:advcheck.dll, advcheck.dll.bak, dialogs, TeaTimer_original ver. 1.4.0.2 and version_history?

I also ran another search of my computer and found the download loaded sbsd152 file. But one is entitled sbsd152.wam or wem(??)--not sure what that is.

P.S. Thanks for the quick reply!

Delete the entire C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy directory.

I have no idea what sbsd152.wam is.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Question Install/uninstall Issues

The correct name of the files I found are: sbsd152upd and sbsd152upd.wem. Both appear to be zip files. Which one do I want to unzip to reinstall the new version, (SBSD 1.5.2), or do I unzip both?

Neither!!!

Just download the installation file (spybotsd152.exe) from one of the sites listed here:

Then execute the spybotsd152.exe file.