Thread: V1.5.2.20 Uninstalled Itself

Unhappy V1.5.2.20 Uninstalled Itself

I had the beta version 1.5.2.20 imstalled and running. my last scan was done on Feb 8th. I generally scan every Friday but missed the 15th.
    I came in tonight to run my scans and the Desktop Icon was missing. I went into my START ALL Programs Menu list and I could not find it there. I went into my C\WINDOWS\Program Files. The folder was there and there were 4 sub folders there but all were empty.
    I was not drinking and I don't to recreational drugs. My last physical was only a few months ago, and I checked out fine. no body else uses this computer. I have a router and a software firewall.
    I did install and uninstall 5 trial versions of Registry Cleaners. All 5 had menu options for uninstall and I uninstalled them from there. I also uninstalled a trial version of Norton AV 2008from the programs menu.
    Does anyone know if the beta version has the capability of self destruct.
    Has anyone else experienced this
    I had the install program saved so it was easy to execute but it went and phoned home and downloaded the program again. the older download is still there or at least the date shown is Jan 5 2008. Many of the files are dated 1/28/2008 so they are newer than the Jan. 5 download.

I'M SO CONFUSED.
    Last edited by LionsMike; 2008-02-23 at 04:08. Reason: corrections