Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please help get rid of Pipas.A

Hi Phil,

I called my DSL provider and we worked together to try to get the internet up. He said my DSL line was working correctly but it would not connect while my computer is in safe mode. It still will only boot that way. I tried using my Windows XP CD to boot with no luck. I tried to restart and boot normally several times, wishful thinking! It just goes into the reboot loop again. He said he thinks I need to reformat the drive and reinstall Windows XP. I really don't want to do that since it is my work computer with many important files.

I think I will have to bite the bullet and take it to an IT expert. What do you think?

Aviatorlady

In Memoriam -Always in our heart pskelley's Avatar

I would hate to see you have to do that, but if it is what you wish to do. There are ideas for stopping that in these links:

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/pcmain...otbreakout.htm
    Read here: Break out of a Continuous Reboot Loop

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...+a+reboot+loop

I hope this helps...Phil

Phil - I can't wait to go to the office tomorrow to try that. I'm sure it will break the loop and I will be able to continue with the rest of the fixes you posted previously. I love how they refer to the "Blue screen of death!" Totally true. Back tomorrow.
    Aviatorlady

Well, I tried the links you suggested for stopping the continuous reboot loop. The first one stopped the loop, but the computer just stops loading windows and gives me the "Blue screen of death." These are the stop errors it lists: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0xF74A7174, 0xF7C85D44, 0xF7C85A40). I'm still trying to find out what they mean and if I can fix them. Any further help would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

In Memoriam -Always in our heart pskelley's Avatar

Google is a great tool. If you enter the error message into Google exactly as it appears, chances are you will get the information you need. This stuff you posted is not complete and/or random. Please copy and paste ALL of the information for me and I will see what I can find out. For instance, when I Google your words "Blue screen of death" Google returns 21,900,000 websites with possible answers.
    http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...creen+of+death I have several troubleshooting sites on hand but prefer to see what Google says first.

Thanks...Phil

Security Expert-Emeritus

Good luck

Im going to close the topic now, this keeps others with similar problems from posting there logs/question here, they should start a new topic.
    If you should need to post another log for the same PC let Me, pskelley or Tashi know.