Thread: My laptop has Xp in it and i have 2 user Accounts set up, spy bot need to be run 2 ti

Default My laptop has Xp in it and i have 2 user Accounts set up, spy bot need to be run 2 ti

My laptop has XP with 2 accounts both are admin to I was wondering do I need to run spy bot twice once in my account and then the other account, or does it check the whole cp when I run it? it looks like it checks them seprate. Thanks

So i should run it in both accounts then?

Only if you wish to remove the Internet cache or cookies on both accounts.Otherwise,if you just want to scan for malware,running from one account would be fine.

What is the internet cache? and what does spybot do with teh cookies? I usaly delete them my self after a while? I have never had spybot ask me anything about cookies. Is that a setting I have to select? thanks

From Microsoft:
    Often referred to as the cache, the Temporary Internet Files folder contains a kind of travel record of the items you have seen, heard, or downloaded from the Web, including images, sounds, Web pages, even cookies. Typically these items are stored in the Temporary Internet Files folder.

Storing these files in your cache can make browsing the Web faster because it usually takes your computer less time to display a Web page when it can call up some of the page's elements or even the entire page from your local Temporary Internet Files folder.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/...learcache.mspx

Spybot deletes the cookies,(among other things) when you set Spybot to scan for tracks.They come up as green.
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/d...agetracks.html
    If Spybot is set to spyware scan only,it only detects and removes cookies it knows to be bad,and those come up red.
    http://www.spybot.info/en/faq/37.html

If you wanted to scan for tracks,you could open Spybot,click mode,advanced mode->file sets->and then put checkmarks next to Usage Tracking and/or tracks.uti.It's optional to scan for tracks,and not necessary for you to do so.
    You can return Spybot to default mode by clicking mode,then default mode.

I can delete them manualycorrect?

Delete the cookies manually without Spybot?Yes,you can,the way you did before.