Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Immunization Does Not Recognize Firefox

Default Immunization Does Not Recognize Firefox

I'm using Spybot S&D 1.5.2 on Windows Vista Ultimate. The immunization feature does not recognize Firefox, it doesn't even show up in the list. Internet Explorer shows up just fine. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Spybot, deleted the program data folders for it and can't get the problem solved. Does anybody have any suggestions? Also, I ran a tool called Browser CI I found a link to in another post, and Firefox does not show up in the list on the left side where all the IE entries are.
    Last edited by Vola1; 2008-02-27 at 03:36.

Have you set up any custom rare location for your Firefox profile folder maybe?
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Not that I am aware of. It should have been created the default way when you install Firefox. I was considering uninstalling Firefox and deleting my profile folder to see if that helps.

Well, the default folders should be easy to recognize for Spybot

In your Application Data folder, it looks for Mozilla\Firefox\profiles.ini, Local\Mozilla\Firefox\profiles.ini and Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\profiles.ini. Inside that file (created by Firefox) it looks for any section named [Profile*] (with * being anything), and
    uses the Path and IsRelative information. The only further condition is that a prefs.js file exists within the profile folder, which is automatically created by Firefox as well.
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

I'll look for the folders you mentioned and move them to the Recycle Bin after uninstalling Firefox, then I'll reinstall Firefox to see if that fixes it. I'll post back and let you know how it goes.

I uninstalled Firefox, deleted the Mozilla folders under AppData for my User folder, and then reinstalled Firefox and I still have the problem. So I looked at the folder structure Firefox created in my AppData folder and it's different from what you wrote Spybot looks for. Under AppData the only folders I have are Local, LocalLow and Roaming. There is no Mozilla folder here. Under Local\Mozilla\Firefox there is no profiles.ini file. Under Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox there is a profiles.ini file and it contains a section [Profile0] that references the profile folder. The profile folder also has the prefs.js file as well. Does any of this look like it might give Spybot a problem in not recognizing Firefox for immunization?

Anybody have any suggestions?

Would you be using Firefox beta 3?

No I am using Version 2.0.0.12.

Okay.I was having some troubles with immunization when I installed beta 3,and I thought I'd see if maybe what you were going through was related,if you had firefox beta 3,too,but turns out,it probably isn't.Sorry about that.