Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Immunization Does Not Recognize Firefox

the same problem on my computer!

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Would you be using Firefox beta 3?
    Using Firefox Beta 3 has nothing to do with it. I am using Firefox beta 5pre and the immunization works properly. What I suggest is to undo the immunization and then apply it again. Sometimes when I update spybot and try to immunize it won't fully immunize. Give it a try.

No,this was not my problem with Firefox beta 3.My problem turned out to be that Immunization for Firefox appeared in Spybot,and the hostperm.1 file was present with all Spybot's entries,but Firefox was not really immunized,or certainly didn't appear to be since there was nothing listed in Exceptions for Cookies,or popups,etc,etc.I had to rename my permissions.sqlite file so that Firefox would import my hostperm.1 file with Spybot's entries in it,like it showed here:
    http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewto...6129dbc67be128

where is the protection for Firefox in this case?

I'm using Firefox under Windows Vista Business...

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

borhes:

There is no indication from the image you posted that there is any immunization being preformed specifically for Firefox.

The immunization that you depicted appears to be all for Internet Explorer except for the immunization for "Windows (Global Hosts)". The immunization for "Windows (Global Hosts)" would be universal for all browsers since it works on a system level and is not specifically related to any particular browser.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

I am having the same or similar problem. I am getting 0 protected for firefox for cookies, images, installations, and popups. Nothing is protected and firefox is what I use all the time. I am running Vista Home Premium, with SP1 installed, and firefox installed in default locations. Any thoughts?

Ok, but why spybot don't recognize firefox 2.0.0.12. These problem exist about one or two month on my computer...

Ok, it's fixed. I did all this running spybot as admin. First I undid immunization. I closed spybot and ran again as admin. I ran immunization and nothing, nothing was protected. I then undid immunization again. Without closing spybot, I immunized and all was protected, including firefox.

I have update Fiirefox to version 2.0.0.13, but everything is the same...

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

borhes:

Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK View Post
    Well, the default folders should be easy to recognize for Spybot

In your Application Data folder, it looks for Mozilla\Firefox\profiles.ini, Local\Mozilla\Firefox\profiles.ini and Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\profiles.ini. Inside that file (created by Firefox) it looks for any section named [Profile*] (with * being anything), and
    uses the Path and IsRelative information. The only further condition is that a prefs.js file exists within the profile folder, which is automatically created by Firefox as well.
    What is the location of your profiles.ini file and does it contain the relevant information? Does the prefs.js file exist?

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.