Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: jijackthis.exe is not a valid win32 application

I am almost sure its ZA. I will do further testing and report back tomorrow.

Security Expert: Emeritus Blade81's Avatar

Emule had Low Id when i tested.
    Sounds like a firewall issue to me. You should check that proper access is given. Same issue may be behind those other connection problems.

See here for hints how to make system faster.
    Microsoft Windows Insider MVP 2016-2020
    Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2008-2015
    UNITE member since 2006

If you have problems create a thread in the forum, please.

Malware removal instructions are for the correspondent user's case only.

well i think this is going to run a bit longer.

Firewall: ZA uninstalled in safe mode but windows security centre says ZA security suite firewall is currently on and i cant switch it off (the firewall). The only remnant of ZA i can find is a zlavscan.dll sitting in the main folder. Unable to remove as it informs me it is currently in use. This is the same in safe mode with administration acct. If i try and instal ZA it says i do not have access to make the required system configuration - even tho the account is an admin acct. Kinda stumped after 6 hours.. Cannot find a ZA file in the registry either but i guess some must still be there.

AVG: I uninstalled the kaspersky online checker and uninstalled AVG. The folder is deleted. However will not let me reinstall AVG as it says i have another virus checker!! which i dont by the way - Gah first problem with this computer since installation and its a Doozy.

The random internet shutouts can wait for another time.

Ok I think i have resolved Zone Alarm issues. As it often seems to be it is incorrect uninstallation that caused it with many remnants of the programme scattered around windows and the registry. I found these instructions at the main website very helpful and it seems to have worked for me

http://forums.zonelabs.com/zonelabs/...ssage.id=76384

I will see if Kaspersky has a similar issue tomorrow as some elements seem to be sticking.

Hi

Maybe some AVG registry entry didn't get removed and is causing alerts about another virus checker. If you haven't got it reinstalled yet post a fresh hjt log and I'll check if there's something of AVG left.
    UNITE member since 2006

Hi Blade

Another trawl through AVG Forum has identified a couple of items to delete and this has now allowed a new install.

So far so good and finally back to normal i think.

Always been a fan of Spybot right from the early days and it has saved me more than a few times when i was new to computers - So Thanks to all who contribute here and especially Blade who clearly has nothing better to do in the cold Finnish winter!!

Thanks to all who contribute here and especially Blade who clearly has nothing better to do in the cold Finnish winter!!
    You're welcome. Actually winter has been unusually warm this time (at least here in southeastern Finland).

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help.

Note:If it has been five days or more since your last post, and the helper assisting you posted a response to that post to which you did not reply, your topic will not be reopened. At that point, if you still require help, please start a new topic and include a fresh HijackThis log and a link to your previous thread.

If it has been less than five days since your last response and you need the thread re-opened, please send me or your helper a private message (pm). A valid, working link to the closed topic is required.
    UNITE member since 2006