I originally posted the following in the wrong forum and was told to bring it here:

To day I decided to run spybot to check for spy ware, but when I click on the icon, I get the hour glass symbol for a few seconds, but then it goes away and never loads. I then thought, maybe i should check to see if there is a new version so I typed "spybot download" into google in firefox...and hit enter, immediately firefox was shut down. I then tried it with internet explorer with the same results. I tried typing in spyware removal download and was able to get to download.com where I saw there was a newer version of spybot SD. I clicked on the link to download spybot, and my browser shut down! I then downloaded spybot on another computer and took it over to the one I was working on. I tried to install, but immediately it shuts down. It only appears to be related to spybot as i am able to dwonload Adaware instal and run, no detections (inferior anyway.) I also was able to download and run Spyware Terminator with no detections. I tried to see if it was a coolwebsearch problem, but the coolwebsearch removal tool says it is not detected.

This really bothers me to know I have some sort of malware on my system and nothing even detects it!

Please help! Is anyone else experiencing this?

********NOTE******
Updating from previous information, I came to this forum and tried to install HJT and KAV as per instructed, but I have the exact same problem as with spybot, it just automatically shuts down. I was able to download HJT on a different computer, but I am unable to install it.

Is there anyway to help me when I have no way of providing logs to a helper?

Thanks for any help ahead of time.