Thread: windows disable notify

Default windows disable notify

SD detects threat Windows security center.firewallDisablenotify and Windows security center.antivirusDisablenotify SD fixes problem found, upon restart, I run SD again to the same result. norton doesnt pickup this spyware, any advice?

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

These detections:

Code:
    Windows Security Center.FirewallDisableNotify: Settings
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\FirewallDisableNotify!=dword:0

Windows Security Center.AntiVirusDisableNotify: Settings
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\AntiVirusDisableNotify!=dword:0
    Indicate two of the setting within Windows Security Center have been turned off. Go into Start > Control Panel > Security Center > Resources (on the left hand side of the window – expand if necessary) > click "Change the way Security Center alerts me". This brings up an "Alert Setting" window. There are three possible alerts:
    • Firewall
      Alert me if my computer might be at risk because of my firewall settings
    • Automatic Updates
      Alert me if my computer might be at risk because of my Automatic Updates settings
    • Virus Protection
      Alert me if my computer might be at risk because of my virus protection software settings
    I believe that you will find that the first and third alerts are turned off. For more of an explanation please see this post:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.p...16&postcount=2

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.