Thread: SpywareBlaster - new version

Default SpywareBlaster - new version

Version 4.0 of SWB is now available. Hopefully this will sort out some of the problems Firefox users have had with it since the update of Spybot to v1.5.
    From Javacool:
    Hi,

While either method should work (an "over-the-top" install or a clean install), we recommend using a clean install to upgrade to the 4.0 release.

Clean Install Instructions:

1. Open SpywareBlaster and press the "Disable All Protection" link under "Quick Tasks".
    2. Close SpywareBlaster.
    3. Go to Add/Remove Programs and uninstall the entry named "SpywareBlaster v3.5.1"
    4. Download the latest SpywareBlaster installer from http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/sbdownload.html
    5. Install the new version, and enjoy!

Best regards,

-Javacool
    I've really posted this for info, so I hope it's useful to people who use Spybot/Firefox and SWB.
    Last edited by tashi; 2008-03-01 at 08:23. Reason: Moved to the Tavern

Wink

I have installed spywareblaster v4.0 and it sure does load the firefox protection much faster.

Personally I don't like the new interface, but I suppose that is just my user preference!

Last edited by honda12; 2008-03-01 at 19:32.

Sorry for posting this in the wrong place, thanks for moving it.
    I like the new interface of SWB, although the old one was fine too. The Firefox protection does load quickly now, just like it used to.