Thread: unable to supress msn messenger on start

Default unable to supress msn messenger on start

I have installed spybot yesterday.
    good software!

but: apparently I have difficulties with some of the data.

for example, I don't want to automatically open msn messenger on starting windows (since I use trillion for my chat-programmmes).
    but whenever I click the info within msn messenger I get a notice from spybot, that this is not possible.
    a little windows comes up (in German)
    Spybot S+D hat festgestellt, daß ein wichtiger Registrierungsdatenbankeintrag geändert wurde.
    kategorie System startup user entry
    eintrag: MsnMsgr
    o Merke diese Entscheidung

basically it says that a change to the registry data base blabla has been found. and if I want to 'remember this decision' (sort of).
    I click that, and then nothing is possible. no OK or whatever.
    the left field is with this "remember this decision', then '?', then 'Info' and then a blank.

additional info:
    I dont use I.E., but Mozilla Firefox.
    therefore I don't know about this Resident IE, and if there's a point in doing anything there.

windows xp
    spybot 1.4
    firefox 1.5.o.1.

I thought my problem would maybe fit in another thread dealing with messenger, but that was closed.

it would be great if anybody has suggestions.
    (I am not very good at computer and software stuff, so please don't explain at expert level. thank you)

cheers!

I believe the answeres to your problems are here at the forum. I do not believe the problem is with Messenger.

First of all there is a "bug" in Spybot where the Teatimer popup does not display properly. The solutions are in this thread I used ElPiedra's fix-but there are also 2 patches in the thread:

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=122

Also since you checked "remember this decision" and then (I assume) closed the box, it may have been remembered and you may have to undo this. This thread will explain that:

http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.p...40&postcount=2

This should solve your problem.
    Last edited by stevek; 2006-02-18 at 13:15.