Thread: New Version changing date after download?

Default New Version changing date after download?

I had a very frustrating experience with "expired certificates" and "new programs found" after downloading the new version...it was crippling my computer and no setting changes would work..I looked at my anti-virus program and saw that I had not scanned my computer in 380 days-impossible! I clicked on the date in the tray and saw that Spy-Bot had moved the date back a year-what a pain in the ass this was to troubleshoot-if that's not a bug-I don't know what the definition is! The only change to the computer was the Spy-Bot download!

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Related thread:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Spybot-S&D implements no option at all to access the computers clock!

You spell it "Spy-Bot" though, not "Spybot" or "Spybot-S&D"... the spelling with dash sounds like one of those scam copies / rogue versions. Are you sure you got the real thing?
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Default authentic copy

yes-I'm sure it was the real thing-I downloaded it from mirror that I used before, at Safer Networking-sorry about the spelling-didn't mean no disrespect! And that was the only change I made to the computer before the "year' date change-awfully big coincidence if the install didn't affect.