Thread: cannot install

Exclamation cannot install

when i try to install spybot s&d 1.5.2, when it says it is connecting to the internet to download a file called updallocator.php, it can never download it no matter what. redownloading and reinstalling does not fix this. my firewall is configured to allow the installer. i am running windows xp home with avg antivirus pro 7.5, zonealarm antispyware and mamutu from emsi software. i could install it long ago, but i can't now. is there an alternate way to get that updallocator.php file? i feel unprotected without spybot.
    Last edited by too456; 2008-03-17 at 09:56. Reason: specify more information

have you tried uninstalling the other virus protection programs, are they conflicting with spy bot or could you partition your drive and put it on there?
    Last edited by BulbusMaximus; 2008-03-17 at 10:05.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

too456:

Please read my suggestion in post #5 of the following thread:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Thumbs up solved

thanks for all the help-i tried referring to the post md usa spybot fan told me-it worked! it is happily protecting my system. thanks all~