Thread: Bad URL Blocker Pop-up window

Default Bad URL Blocker Pop-up window

I'm running the newer version of Spybot, but now every (or everyother) click in my mailbox causes a pop-up window of Spybot - S&D Bad URL Blocker. It seems to be for the samething (TagASauras) everytime and is very annoying. Is there a way for me to turn off the pop-up notification and just have Spybot work without telling me every time I click a button it's blocking something? Or is there a way to get rid of what's it's blocking so it doesn't have to block it every key stroke?

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Wink

Hi TMJJS,

Firstly, Welcome to the Safer Networking Forums

Is there a way for me to turn off the pop-up notification and just have Spybot work without telling me every time I click a button it's blocking something?
    To change the bad url blocker settings:

Go into Internet Explorer > Tools > select "Spybot – Search Destroy Configuration". Then in the "Spybot-S&D - Configuration" window in the "Settings" tab under "When encountering bad things" you can select among:

* Block all pages silently
    * Display dialog when blocking
    * Ask for blocking confirmation

Change the selection from "Display dialog when blocking" to Select "Block all pages silently" (if you want spybot to just bock bad pages without the pop-up)

Thanks for the quick response. I have changed the setting and am looking forward to reading my email in the morning without the pop-up on each one.

Default Problems Turning Off Bad URL Pop-Up

Hello, This is my first posting to the Spybot forums! I have been using SB-S&D for over a year now, and finally have a question that I just can't figure out. I have been having problems with turning off the Bad URL pop-up window. I've attempted the previous directions, and made it only to here:

Quote Originally Posted by honda12 View Post

Go into Internet Explorer > Tools > select "Spybot – Search Destroy Configuration".
    When I click on "Spybot - Search Destroy Configuration", nothing happens. I am running Win 2000, with IE6.

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated!

--Plautia

Quote Originally Posted by Plautia View Post
    Hello, This is my first posting to the Spybot forums! I have been using SB-S&D for over a year now, and finally have a question that I just can't figure out. I have been having problems with turning off the Bad URL pop-up window. I've attempted the previous directions, and made it only to here:

When I click on "Spybot - Search Destroy Configuration", nothing happens. I am running Win 2000, with IE6.

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated!

--Plautia
    Sorry, for the hugely slooooow response

Hmm, that is strange...

-The only thing I can think of would be trying to find a 'manage add-ons' option in IE

-Then see if 'Spybot - Search & Destroy Configuration' is disabled. If it is, enable it

-Restart IE, and see if that helps

Unfortunately I cannot give exact directions due to the fact that I use Firefox and have IE7!

If that does not work, with IE closed, Go to Spybot S&D > Mode > Advanced > Click 'Yes' at the warning > 'Resident' Tab > Uncheck 'Resident "SDHelper" (Internet Explorer bad download blocker active."

Restart Computer

Then re-enable 'Resident "SDHelper" (Internet Explorer bad download blocker active.'

Then go to 'Mode' > default mode

Finally, open up IE and see if you can open up the configuration

Cool Don't Want Bad URL Blocker To Block anything

Quote Originally Posted by honda12 View Post
    Hi TMJJS,

Firstly, Welcome to the Safer Networking Forums

Go into Internet Explorer > Tools > select "Spybot – Search Destroy Configuration". Then in the "Spybot-S&D - Configuration" window in the "Settings" tab under "When encountering bad things" you can select among:

* Block all pages silently
    * Display dialog when blocking
    * Ask for blocking confirmation

Change the selection from "Display dialog when blocking" to Select "Block all pages silently" (if you want spybot to just bock bad pages without the pop-up)
    How can I turn off this Bad URL Blocker all together. It is blocking pages that I need and want for searches and Snopes, as well as game pages and my own HTML pages. It is a bad place to put it in IE Tools and should be mentioned in the Spybot-S&D Settings program itself.

Thanks for any help.
    Millie aka FrogMissBeHaven

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

FrogMissBeHaven (Millie):

Quote Originally Posted by FrogMissBeHaven View Post
    How can I turn off this Bad URL Blocker all together. ...
    The feature is Spybot's "SDHelper":
    • You can disable Spybot's "SDHelper" as follows:
      • Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced Mode > Tools > Resident.
      • Uncheck the following:
        • Resident "SDHelper" (Internet Explorer bad download blocker) active..
      • Exit Internet Explorer and restart it.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default Thanks URL Blocker is turned off

Thanks for your help. I wish that came up in the program Help search but it didn't. It is so easy once you understand where to change it.

Thanks so much for your help.

Millie

Default I can only choose IGNORE when bad url blocker appears

Hi there.

Today (08.04.09) I upgraded Spybot from the 1.52 v to the 1.62 version in order to get rid of the virtumonde allert that appeared after every scan.

Luckily it resulted! However now some pages I used to visit I can't open anymore; or they arent available or the bad url blocker appears and I can only activate the option 'ignore'! The option 'allow' cant be activated. Please tell me how I can correct this situation.

Many thanks for your help,
    regards.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

marilou:

To stop "SDHelper" from blocking URLs, go into Internet Explorer > Tools > select "Spybot – Search Destroy Configuration" > then in the "Spybot-S&D - Configuration" window in the "Settings" tab under "When encountering bad things" there are three options:
    • Block all pages silently
    • Display dialog when blocking
    • Ask for blocking confirmation
    Select "Ask for blocking confirmation" and click "OK".

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.