Thread: Alternate installation.

Question Alternate installation.

I need way to get spybot to install the update from my hard drive instead of the internet when installing if I can't up date I cant install I got spy ware or I am blocked form the sever end.I need an alternate installation method.
    Last edited by )=bobo; 2008-03-14 at 19:26.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

bobo:

In order to install and update Spybot on a system on a system that is not connected to the internet, you will need to download two files and transfer them to the non-internet connected system.
    1. spybotsd152.exe
    2. spybotsd_includes.exe
      • Located here:

• the item is:
          • Detection updates 2008-03-12 - product description
            md5: DF4B885F90CCBC2B3BDBD8A237DD459F

This updates the detection rules. Only needed if you do not want to use the update function integrated into Spybot-S&D.

To install Spybot and update:
    • After downloading and transferring the two (2) programs (spybotsd152.exe and spybotsd_includes.exe) to the non-internet connected system:
      • Execute the installation program spybotsd152.exe.
      • When you get to the "Select Components" screen during the installation, uncheck "Download updates immediately" (see attachment).
      • After the installation completes execute spybotsd_includes.exe to update Spybot.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.