Thread: help, taskbar/shortcut bar reversed?

Default help, taskbar/shortcut bar reversed?

Ok guess I should start at the beginning. For 36 hours I battled with a few bugs.
    I used everything I could lay my hands on to eradicate them, but to no avail.
    Any program used would rip it out, but on reboot it would appear back into the registry.
    For hours on end, Xoftspy, Regcure, Avira AV, Adware 2007, Spybot were eliminating it, only to re-occur upon reboot.
    Finally I succeeded with a very old program for cleaning the registry, it was made in 1999 and no further updates or revisions since 2001.
    That is the program that located the little problem, and guided me to the exact path delete them.
    All is now well, but now I find my taskbar is near the Start button, and my shortcut bar is near the clock?
    I have tried everything I can think of to reverse these two without success. It is not a major drama, but is out of sync with what I am used to.
    I am running Win2k with Sp4 if that assists in anyway.
    Thankyou for any help.
    done it again.....my foulups are silent do you believe me ? I didn't think so!

Question

Quote Originally Posted by BarbM View Post
    For hours on end, Xoftspy, Regcure, Avira AV, Adware 2007, Spybot were eliminating it, only to re-occur upon reboot.
    I am running Win2k with Sp4 if that assists in anyway.
    Thankyou for any help.
    Hrm. I think there is a problem. Regcure and Xoftspy are both classified as rogue programs.

All is now well, but now I find my taskbar is near the Start button, and my shortcut bar is near the clock?
    Isn't shortcut bar actually Quick Launch?
    Go to Control Panel>Taskbar and Start Menu Properties.
    Uncheck the box "Lock the Taskbar".
    You should be able to move Quick Launch.
    In attachment you see how you can move Quick Launch (Green Rectangle).
    The green oval shows which checkbox should be cleared (unchecked).

small hic problem.....I have win2k not Xp.

I am going looking for a lock toolbar option and see if it can be undone.

OK I am back, no joy there.

I know I can lock or unlock them so I get a sort of slider that will go left or right. My problem lies with the fact that my normal shortcut bar (quick launch) is on my right instead of my left. (looking at the computer screen). I did have the Quick Launch icons to the left near the Start button, and all of my open folders and web pages etc were nearest the clock.
    Now everything is in reverse and I am stumped on how to get it back to the original.
    Last edited by BarbM; 2008-03-24 at 09:31.
    done it again.....my foulups are silent do you believe me ? I didn't think so!

Hello,
    Finally I succeeded with a very old program for cleaning the registry, it was made in 1999 and no further updates or revisions since 2001.
    That is the program that located the little problem, and guided me to the exact path delete them.
    Did you back up your registry before deleting items?
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post
    Hrm. I think there is a problem. Regcure and Xoftspy are both classified as rogue programs.

XoftSpy (Regcure is from the same company) was removed from Rogue/Suspect Anti-Spyware Products & Web Sites.

That an application has been de-listed should not be understood as an endorsement or recommendation of any kind.
    Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016