Thread: bugs/faults with 1.5.2

Default bugs/faults with 1.5.2

hey pepimk, this is two post i found on the review of download.com, i pasted them for you to read:
    ------

Cons: it conflicts with Spysweeper more than it used to, takes a while to immunize and another rather big issue which i want to ask is that it seems to install a hijacker, i have the Yaho toolbar (the one with the original yahoo anti spy scan) when ever i run it it finds ISTbar which it classes as a hijacker, when i remove it spybot looses 2 immunized things, when i re-immunize the ISTbar comes back, can anyone explain this for me please?
    -------------

Cons: Version 1.5 acts like a virus attempting to burn the CPU continuously at 100% under Windows 2000 or Windows 98SE. AVOID
    --------------------------------------------------
    King of zlobtrojan, virusburst, spyaxe, and elite bar infections.

i also have this problem , are we supposed to allow this action on y-antispy or what?

No. 1 sounds like Yahoo AntiSpy is not able to differentiate between entries blocking and granting more access, just identifying the immunization by the name of the domain. Could only be improved on Yahoos side.

No. 2: assing CPU time is the task of the Operating System, not of applications. That the core of any multitasking OS.
    But why would anyone avoid that an application runs at full load? Who would want to scan at 80% if the scan takes 5 minutes longer then?
    100% is 100%, not overclocking or anything. 100% has nothing to do with "burning", unless you've got hardware problems, e.g. a broken CPU cooler, or, when you assembled yourself, thought that more would be better when applying the paste between CPU and cooler (which has to be applied real thin).
    If it's just about usability of other applications, you can set the priority of the scanner to "lower" or "idle" in Spybot-S&Ds settings and other applications will have priority over it.
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Default hahaha

thats hilarious
    "when you assembled yourself, thought that more would be better when applying the paste between CPU and cooler (which has to be applied real thin)."

especially the bit about the thermal paste lol
    --------------------------------------------------
    King of zlobtrojan, virusburst, spyaxe, and elite bar infections.