Thread: trojan.win32.dialer.hc

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default trojan.win32.dialer.hc

Hi,

I'm new here but maybe someone can help me. When I boot my pc I inevitably get a spysweeper alert that svchost.exe is trying to reset my security settings to allow a website called sgrunt.biz to be accessed. (This appears to be a malicious website)

Spysweeper shuts down the action and recommends a sweep of my system. Sweep does not reveal reveals anything. At roughly the same time my AOLspyware tells me it has found and blocked tojan.win32.dialer.hc and I go into the blocked items area of the program and remove it. (I do not actually believe it is removed)

I run spybot, lavasoft adaware, AOl spyware, Webroot Spysweeper, Macafee Antivirus, Macafee Firewall, and cwshredder. All applications find rogue crapola on my system regularily except Macafee. COOLWEBSEARCH seems to be prevalent and may be related to the trojan. Everytime I update definitions a new version of COOLWEBSEARCH is found. (again I suspect that CWS is not really removed by the anti spyware programs I have or has a way of restarting itself next boot up)

I also cannot use the right click of my mouse button in windows explorer anymore. If I rightclick an item in windows explorer, then explorer shuts down momentarily and Dr. Watson Postmotem debugger pops up sometimes; When it does it will not close properly. I go to the task manager. Two files called Drwatsn.exe are present and both must be closed to shut down the debugger program.

On a final note I have found a hidden folder called JITI in my AOL folder with the program Jiti_mm.exe. This program is unfamiliar to my and its creation date of May 2005 is suspicious although not neccessarily impossible. (AOL updates itself regualrily with new features)

Someone please help or provide advise

Thank You
    Last edited by Arctic Wolf; 2005-11-07 at 17:41.