Thread: lich.exe

Default lich.exe

Hi -

My laptop has recently been infected with something called "lich.exe", bearing an icon which looks like Dracula ! Upon starting my computer, the firewall (free latest version of ZoneAlarm) constantly asks for permission for this programme to access both the trusted zone and the internet, which I have denied. A full scale scan using up to date Norton Antivirus fails to spot the programme. I have run a standard search for the programme (which seems to call itself a "loader") and it was found in windows system 32. I have tried to remove it and it will not budge. A Google search on "lich.exe" revealed several other users of similar fora who have been infected since mid-February, with no solutions offered.

Can anyone help me get rid of this and does anyone know what it is ? I have no idea how I came by it.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Consider posting in the Malware Removal forum. Possibly one of the helpers there can be of assistance.

Follow the instructions here:

Then post in the following forum:

Also you should also consider contacting Symantec. Since it appears to be a relatively new Trojan (or whatever), they may be interested in a copy of the file to study.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016