Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My XP gets frozen when running version 1.5.2

Arrow GOOD JOB btw

Quote Originally Posted by tn2006 View Post
    No, I don't know which sites these 10 years old kid got into . Darn, I should have said no.

I didn't quarantine them. Deleted them.
    This is really a headache.
    with downloading another antiviruis such as antivir, avast, and avg are all good free antiviruis programs. Glad u thought of that to install a antiviruis program, and to remove and delete them.

Quote Originally Posted by 129260 View Post
    NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSYANCES ALLOW ANYONE ELSE TO USE YOUR ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT.
    If u ever wish to let someone else use your computer in the future, turn on the guest account under user accounts in control panel, and let them use that account. That account is strickley locked down and prevents anyone from installing/modifying anything. I would suggest posting in the malware removal forum, scince u r quite infected. Also, in the future, mention those types of details, especcialy when someone like your necies comes over and then after the computer was messed up.
    It's not your fault, so don't beat yourself up. And dont get mad at the kids, as they probably didn't intentially mess up your computer. (depending on there ages lol)

Here is where you can get assistance in the malware removal forum:

before you post read this:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

Here is the link to the malware removal forum:
    http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22

Explain everything that u did, like u did here, and provide them a link to this thread if nessary. Explain everything in full detail. best wishes, 129260.

Thanks, I will go over the above two links.

Oh, drragostea, the website is runescape.com.

Again, thanks guys

Tn2006, You've done it AGAIN! lols, of course I'm just joking. You know. Now listen. I have quite some friends who visit Maplestory, Counterstrike, Runescape (as you mentioned). Those sites... or preferably, programs are like P2P (peer-to-peer) software. It's like a global worldwide software which anyone can use. Servers are set up, updated, and users log on. Simple.
    However, the program is that those "games" such as Maple and Runescape are known to ruin people's PCs, I've seen the damages of the spyware and viruses it distributes on my cousin's pc who played Maplestory 24/7. Neopets are also one of those "popular" gaming sites.
    Just as a warning, like 129260 said, only allow your nieces to a guest account for that it has limited features. Run a firewall and Anti-virus. That should do you much good. The problem is that, I cannot help you remove the viruses though. You must go the the malware removal forums. Cheers.

Arrow haha right on :)

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post
    Tn2006, You've done it AGAIN! lols, of course I'm just joking. You know. Now listen. I have quite some friends who visit Maplestory, Counterstrike, Runescape (as you mentioned). Those sites... or preferably, programs are like P2P (peer-to-peer) software. It's like a global worldwide software which anyone can use. Servers are set up, updated, and users log on. Simple.
    However, the program is that those "games" such as Maple and Runescape are known to ruin people's PCs, I've seen the damages of the spyware and viruses it distributes on my cousin's pc who played Maplestory 24/7. Neopets are also one of those "popular" gaming sites.
    Just as a warning, like 129260 said, only allow your nieces to a guest account for that it has limited features. Run a firewall and Anti-virus. That should do you much good. The problem is that, I cannot help you remove the viruses though. You must go the the malware removal forums. Cheers.
    i wish sometimes we could remove the viruises for them, make the security experts jobs in the malware removal forums much easier

Thumbs up anytime, thats what were here for. :)

Thanks, I will go over the above two links.

Oh, drragostea, the website is runescape.com.

Again, thanks guys
    your most welcome

Lightbulb Same here.

i wish sometimes we could remove the viruises for them, make the security experts jobs in the malware removal forums much easier
    Of course, 129260. I would do the same >:D>

NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSYANCES ALLOW ANYONE ELSE TO USE YOUR ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT.
    If u ever wish to let someone else use your computer in the future, turn on the guest account under user accounts in control panel, and let them use that account. That account is strickley locked down and prevents anyone from installing/modifying anything. I would suggest posting in the malware removal forum, scince u r quite infected. Also, in the future, mention those types of details, especcialy when someone like your necies comes over and then after the computer was messed up.

How to create Administrator/another account in window XP/Vista.

Lightbulb Like i said.... :)

Click start-control panel. Open user accounts. Click guest. Click turn on guest account. This account does not have a password, and is good when someone needs to use your computer. That account is strikingly locked down and prevents anyone from installing/modifying anything at all. Your personal documents and everything can't be viewed. Good account for someone to use when you want someone to use your computer, but keep everything safe. Make sure your admin account is password protected as well. Click your name, (under user accounts), and click create password. Hope that helps you.

Smile

Thanks 129260,

Already created the Ad/guess accounts. I wish I've done it sooner.
    After got helps in Malware removal forum, thanks to pskelly. My computer seems clean but still have the problem running Spyboot - SD. The frozen is still. Too bad, I like this software so much. Runing fine with laptop Vista basic home tho.

Tried to uninstall 1.5 and installed 1.4, frozen still there. It's weired because was running smoothly with old version. I think I give up
    Last edited by tn2006; 2008-04-07 at 22:05.

Arrow weird....

Thanks 129260,

Already created the Ad/guess accounts. I wish I've done it sooner.
    After got helps in Malware removal forum, thanks to pskelly. My computer seems clean but still have the problem running Spyboot - SD. The frozen is still. Too bad, I like this software so much. Runing fine with laptop Vista basic home tho.

Tried to uninstall 1.5 and installed 1.4, frozen still there. It's weired because was running smoothly with old version. I think I give up
    Unless a spybot team member has a better solution, i would reformat and that would defiantly insure your clean. You could also try installing spybot in safe mode. (Latest version.) See then if you can get it to work. Also repost in your malware forum and let them know you are unable to run spybot due to freezing. Try buying more ram (random access memory) You might not have enough to run everything you are doing. If not, I have run out of ideas, and the only thing i would suggest is to wait for a spybot team member to assist you. They have been quite busy, so it might take a bit. hang in there!! sorry i cannot assist you more...
    Last edited by 129260; 2008-04-08 at 04:16.