Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My XP gets frozen when running version 1.5.2

I believe RAM isn't a problem. Just clean out the spyware. I would suggest Superantispyware.

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post
    I believe RAM isn't a problem. Just clean out the spyware. I would suggest Superantispyware.
    129260, I already asked in malware forum and they help to clean my comp but couldn'I fin the problems http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=26219 . Have thought about reformat the comp but it is bit too much, but I guess I have to do it as the last resource.

Drragostea, I have been busy so I will try this weekend and post the results.

Thanks guys

PS. Rarely, sometime, the Spybot scan went through like 1/10 (freeze 10 and through 1 ) but found no spyware??

tn2006, no problem. Reformatting would be a last resort... so you should stay put at the malware forums :P. I'm suggesting Superantispyware because it had removed Smitfraud before. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by tn2006 View Post
    PS. Rarely, sometime, the Spybot scan went through like 1/10 (freeze 10 and through 1 ) but found no spyware??
    @tn2006... Rarely? Do you mean like it scans around 1/10 of the bar and stops? Is the "counter" still moving... in other words... still counting? >:D Looking forward to your results.

--drragostea

Arrow I will be

watching this forum for your results. btw, good suggestions drragostea

@129260. >:P Hahas. Good suggestion? Same goes for you. I'm a senior member too you now. Hahas. Anyways... back to forum. Looking forward to tn2006's results.

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post
    @tn2006... Rarely? Do you mean like it scans around 1/10 of the bar and stops? Is the "counter" still moving... in other words... still counting? >:D Looking forward to your results.

--drragostea
    I mean scan 10 times, one goes though completely and other 10 is frozen like usually, whole screen just freeze. Anyway, updating after install the Superantispyware.

It is amazing, install, run first time:

Thread Description---------------------------Detected Items

Adware.Mywebsearch--------------------------- 1
    Adware.180solutions/Seekmo ------------------ 132
    Adware.Zango Toolbar ------------------------- 10
    Adware.Tracking Cookies------------------------ 1

Total 144 detected items. Surprisingly

Run second time find one more detected item. However, this time it pops up a message says: “Exception Processing Message 00000013 Parameters ………..” the dots are whole bunch of letters and numbers. The message has three options (cancel, try again, continue), have to choose continue or cancel in order to keep running. The message keeps pop up few times after that. Try to run the third time, same thing happens. Other than that, it’s ok.

Try to dl Spy in safe mode, dl is ok but can’t install into computer?????. Dl in normal mode and scan the comp using the Spybot-SD, problem is still

Lightbulb Nice job.

Hahas. Nice to know, tn2006. That is why I use Superantispyware often. From experience, it has removed Virtuemonde and Smitfraud... which have a reputation of causing popups. Also, after fixing Smitfraud, my friends computer was actually able to install a video card update. Now... to the results. Assuming from the results, your PC should be fine... Almost lols. So I would suggest running another Kaspersky Online scan via IE, only if you have the time.

>But are you saying Spybot-SD still freezes in a scan? Did you reinstall it with all the latest updates? Superantispyware should remove all the troublesome malware, thus Spybot should work properly. Looking forward to your results.

--drragostea

Yes, I installed with all the latest updates. Just did another Kaspersky Online scan and found nothing. Well... I think I would use Superantispyware instead of Spybot on my desktop.

Do you know what pop up messages when running Superantispyware (I posted the post above)? It didn't happen when run first time though.

I have never encountered that kind of message before. My Spybot runs smoothly and Superantispyware has found nothing in my computer. I apologize, but I can't help you because I don't understand the message. What happens particularly though, when the message pops up? It the scan like half way through and it pops up or is it like it finds a malware then it pops up?

Also, its good that Kaspersky found it clean. I ran my scans under the Standard settings, because it was that or Extended.