Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: scan stops short of completion

Welcome back. By regarding your additional information I would say that it is still scanning. How long do you have waited before you have taken the snapshot with Filemon. If I'm guessing correctly it was at still the beginning of the download directories.(Folders with "A") As stated in the FAQ checking every file could take a lot of time. As long as Filemon is showing that there are new access requests for files from Spybot-S&D is not really stuck.

Does anyone has any empirical values using Spybot-S&D with a complete system drive in the download directory? I have tested it on my Windows XP system a few months ago(10 GB data) and it wasn't finished after 4 hours. Filemon has confirmed that it was still scanning before I have aborted the scan.

By the way, I don't think that Spybot-S&D is designed for scanning all files by default. It is more likely that the "Download directories" should only cover a small amount of files.

Unhappy

Its not an excuse but it has been so hectic around here but its good to be back. I just wish I had a chance to get the information back quicker.

I noticed its still scanning too but I was very surprised, as you would think as well, it was over 30 minutes into the scan but it was still doing the A's. It must have an incredibly poor or redundant folder enumeration and searching. I have used API code to fly through an entire drive in less than 10 minutes.

I know its not stuck but I left it running a solid 6 hours+ the other day on my XP which is relatively minimal (not the one you saw the filemon snapshot for, that is my own personal machine) and I couldn't believe that it was still not done. They might consider a better way to do it. Especially that I agree, I don't think its checking EVERY file either, so it should go even faster.

I would love to be able to use the directory scanning feature but this really puts a damper on it. I removed the directories and it completes in like 15 minutes most of the time.
    [ Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k ]
    Major's Blog :: NoScript Forum::