Thread: scanning an individual file

Default scanning an individual file

I used to use Norton and it would give me the option of right clicking on a downloaded file and scanning it individually. I have got rid of Norton now and was wondering if Spybot had a way of just scanning 1 file, rather than the whole system after every download?

in answer to my own question, a google hunt found that Start->Rregsvr32.exe C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDFiles.dllun-> allow this facility. But can anyone tell me what the SmitFraud-C means after the second part of the scan?

Can anyone help me with this?
    I have scanned EVERY video file on my HD (12) and they all show the file broken in to 2 parts, the first part says nothing found and the second says Smitfraud C. But some of these files have been on my pc for over 6 months and nothing has been detected by Spybot in a full scan and my pc doesnt show any symptoms of the Smitfraud bug. I cant believe every file has it?

I'm not sure if this feature is already completed because it wasn't activated by default. Seems to be still a beta test. Take a look here:

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=22922

Default Right-Click Scan

When will Spybot have a right-click file scanner?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by BILL G View Post
    When will Spybot have a right-click file scanner?
    It already does, but it's not enabled by default. Have a look at this thread which tells you exactly how to set it up. It's a bit different from the right click options in some other programs, but it works! Programs often have different ways of doing things like this, with some they appear in the context menu by default, with others you have to have the program running at start up for the option to right click on and scan an individual file. Spybot does it as described in the thread I linked to above, it means an extra click, but that's hardly a major problem! The important thing is that it works and I use it frequently, everything I download gets scanned by Spybot as well as by my AV.