Thread: Msn Spam And Eggs

Default Msn Spam And Eggs

hey, is this really you? albums.yoyohost.com

does anybody know about this? i have been poking around Google and found that people know it is out there but now how to stop it. i have received this link twice. both from people on my contact list. the first time i tried 2 open it and Kaspersky Internet Security blocked it immediately. presentably, its being sent from a friend. over and over and over and over...... i know its a Trojan so i don't open it. it seems to be broad casted to anybody running MSN messenger, my bro even reports that he receives it on X-box. if anybody else receives it
    DO NOT OPEN IT
    but if you know how 2 stop it, without blocking all your IM friends let me know
    ~Thank you~
    Last edited by tashi; 2008-04-07 at 17:26. Reason: Moved from the Malware removal Forum

Hello,
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    i have received this link twice. both from people on my contact list. the first time i tried 2 open it and Kaspersky Internet Security blocked it immediately. presentably, its being sent from a friend. over and over and over and over...... i know its a Trojan so i don't open it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    but if you know how 2 stop it, without blocking all your IM friends let me know
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=26295

Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    However it is best to practice safe surfing and not click on links sent via social networking sites and IM.

MSN is well known as a source of infection by people clicking on links they believe are sent from buddies, when their buddies account may already be compromised.
    The same advice applies here.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016