Thread: I'm going into Advance mode

Default I'm going into Advance mode

Well After a year of using SpyBot S&D I decided to try Advance mode.
    Any advice or suggestions on what I could or should do,set or change?

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Bithpq:

There is no standard "set up" in Advanced mode that someone can walk you through so to speak. There are extra features made available when you go into advanced mode that can, if misused, cause problems on your system. That is the reason that the warning is issued. On the other hand these features can be very handy.

When you go into Advanced mode no settings are automatically changed. You can go into Advanced mode and return to Default mode without any problems.

As a start, I would like to suggest that you go into Advanced mode and click "Yes" on the Warning message. As soon as you go into Advanced mode, three additional buttons (tabs) appear in the left pane of the Spybot screen. They are Settings, Tools and Info & License.

Click Settings. The Settings list will expand and a list of individually Settings categories appears. Then click each of the individually categories one at a time, look at the screen and click Help on each.

Remember that if you don't alter anything in the screens themselves, you have not changed the way anything operates.

By repeating this process through Settings, Tools and Info & License you will get an understanding of what Advanced mode offers. Note: when you first go into the Tools tab not all the categories are necessarily checked so all the possible categories may not appear in the left pane. To see each category under Tools you can either check all the categories in the right pane or after viewing one category click Tools in the left pane and click a category button in the right pane without checking it.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Oh so advance mode is just to (in a way) customize SpyBot for your own specific needs?

Not really to your "needs", I mean like if you would like to take advantage and utilize Spybot-Search&Destroy's additional features, Advanced Mode is there. Feel free to customize Spybot (schedule scanning, updates, etc.)

If there are some settings you are unsure of, follow the motto "If it ain't broke don't fix it.".