Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kaspersky: Scan All?

funkmeister... I cannot help you if you do not specify your cause. When you say... you delete anything that comes up, that shows an act of carelessness and irresponsibility. Besides, your Hijack log comes up clean. What's the point of being paranoid. In my opinion, scanning 72 times in a day is too extreme. Even for me. I would suggest use a Firewall (besides Windows default, since it is built into the registry and can be disabled) and use a AV (Anti-virus) and anti-malware. Safe surfing and you'll be fine. You won't be invincible, but you'll reduce the risk of catching a virus/malware.

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=279
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=16242

What in the world do you mean when you say your computers acting weird?

My computer does not seem to be functioning correctly.

When I tell it do to this, something else happens. Or, for some reason reason it goes very slowly.

Tom.K, thank you for telling me what that was.

I always removing anything because every now and then (for 3-4 days straight every 1-2 weeks or so, as I study the graph of infections on my computer via scan logs) Adware_MemWatch comes up, 99 times...

Just in the middle of nowhere, it comes up 99 times, and I remove it. Next day, boom, they're there again.

That I know isn't a microsoft.com thing.

My computer still acts funny, but maybe it is Trend Micro IS on big files because the scan screen flashes after a 3 second computer-freeze time then a speed of light flash of the scan program only.

Thanks everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by funkmeister99 View Post
    My computer does not seem to be functioning correctly.My computer still acts funny, but maybe it is Trend Micro IS on big files because the scan screen flashes after a 3 second computer-freeze time then a speed of light flash of the scan program only.
    Well, what did I say about Trend Micro being a resource hog. In addition, if your computer is running "slow" like you said it is most likely you have an infection... recall the adware_memwatcher that came up. Delete your temp. files, cache, and cookies in your browsers. Have you defragmented your drive yet? I would suggest running a scan with AdAware 2007, Spybot-SD.

I don't even know what a defrag is...

:/

Oh. I see lols, nothing to be afraid of.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defragmentation

You know how fragments are right? They're "scattered" everywhere. Your computer takes time to located files if you say, for example, open a word document. Okay, let's say your computer's data is in one big cube. Your computer will look for the files faster if they're together. But if a block of data is here and there, the computer will take more time to look for them. So I would say it's best to defragment your drive, to get the bits and chuncks of data together so your computer will run "faster". I usually defragment my drive around a week or so.

>Just a side note, I would not recommend the built-in Windows default Defragmentor. It's slow, and it takes up memory. I would suggest some third-party utilities. Auslogics for example. >:D

There's a problem...

:(

www.wikipedia.org doesn't work.

Firefox says something about file "/" not being found or something.

Anyone else get this problem (happened around the update, did scan for viruses, none found)?

A page didn't upload correctly either until I refreshed it. (The things on the side were missing)

Angry

Hello... (sigh) wikipedia.org does not work now? Well it works fine with me. You probably have a connection problem? Go the Mozilla Firefox preferences. Check the content tabs... make sure all four of the boxes are checked. If the "load images automatically" is disabled, that might be the reason why the images are not loading correctly. Does other pages on the Internet work... eg. Google, Yahoo!, MSN, etc.?

They're all checked, and it's not a connection problem.

When I type in:

en.wikipedia.org or kr.wikipedia.org it works fine.

Soon afterwards, I search something, and then it opens it up as always.

The only problem here is, the side things aren't there, the other languages, the search box, etc. The pictures and text are there.

If I refresh it, then it starts working properly.

Well, it doesn't seem to be a connection problem them... because everything on the page was fine after a refresh (Wikipedia). (scratches head). Eh. Can you run a virus/spyware scan. I would suggest you run a Kaspersky online scan with IE. Later with Spybot-SD 1.5.2.20 (latest updates) and Superantipsyware. I'm suggesting this... because we're jumping from subject to subject... first it was something wrong with your monitor. You go paranoid about Kaspersky... You also go paranoid... by scanning "72 times" in one day... then you probably deleted that was safe... Now the page woudl not load correctly, without a due refresh. I'm not trying to criticize you or anything. It's just that you have to be specific. You have to tell me in detail. The greater the detail... a better chance that there'll be a solution.