Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Probem after d/l'ing updates today

Default Probem after d/l'ing updates today

After I d/l'ed the updates today,(4/9) just before the scan is finished it stops and the following warning box appears,,

"There were problems in the include file C:/program files/spybot.search_destroy/includes/trojansC.sbi" See "includes errors.log" for details.

If I close the box the scan will finish. I tried to find the "error log" without any sucess. I had no problems until todays update.

Also,,using windows XP,,S&D version 1.4,,and ran a virus scan just to be sure

I just remembered something else,,the other day I installed "spy sweeper",,however I don't start it unless I want to scan the computer,,could this possibly be the cause,,I can un-install it if thats the case
    Last edited by firebrddriver; 2008-04-09 at 23:27. Reason: additional info

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

firebrddriver:

If you post the "... includes errors.log ...", it may help resolve the problem.

The "Include errors.log" can be found in one of the following folders:
    • Windows 95 or 98:
      C:\Windows\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
    • Windows ME:
      C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
    • Windows NT, 2000 or XP:
      C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
    • Windows Vista:
      C:\ProgramData\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs

To post the "Include errors.log":
    • Using Windows Explorer, navigate to the "Include errors.log". Double click on it and it should open with Notepad. To copy to the Clipboard > Right click and select Select All > Right click again and select Copy. Then paste (Ctrl+V) those results to a new post in this thread. Do the same thing with the "Include errors.log" file.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

This is what was in the includes errors,,

C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes\TrojansC.sbi | Zlob.DNSChanger.rtk | <$FILE_EXE>
    C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes\TrojansC.sbi | Zlob.DNSChanger.rtk | <$FILE_EXE>

I acually scanned twice maybe thats why the entry is there two times,,is this the info you need??

I don't mean to get ahead of you in anyway whatsoever,,but in doing a search of this problem I see this advice as part of the fix,,

Step # 1: Disable Teatimer

Spybot S&D's tea timer normally provides real-time protection from spyware, however it may interfere with what we need to do. We will disable it until the machine is clean when it can be re-enabled.

This is a two step process.
    First step:
    Right-click the Spybot Icon in the System Tray (looks like a blue/white calendar with a padlock symbol)

Now like I said I'm not trying to get ahead in any way,,matter of fact I'm not very good with computers and this is why I'm even posting this part,,but,,for the life of me I can't find the "spybot icon in the system tray",,as a matter of fact,,whats the system tray?,,I know I must sound like an idiot. I just don't want to bother you with that problem when the time comes for that part of the fix,,,,,thanks for understanding.
    Last edited by firebrddriver; 2008-04-10 at 00:11.

Default Just a question

Hi all,,I'm waiting to hear from an advisor for this problem,,but just wondering,,can anyone tell me what this will try to do to my computer til it gets removed? Would I be safe in going to any sites where I have to give sensitive info,,thanks,,Heres what I have,

Zlob.DNSChanger.rtk

Like I said I've already posted this problem on the forum in this thread and I'm not trying to get any faster help,,just don't want to do something to expose info.

"Probem after d/l'ing updates today"
    Last edited by firebrddriver; 2008-04-10 at 20:47.

firebrddriver:

Quote Originally Posted by firebrddriver View Post
    Hi all,,I'm waiting to hear from an advisor for this problem,,but just wondering,,can anyone tell me what this will try to do to my computer til it gets removed? ...
    According to (Post #21 and Post #22) in the following thread, if you upgrade to Spybot 1.5.2 the problem is resolved:

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Thank you,,I have to go out but will try your suggestion later and let you know the outcome,,but was still wondering if its safe to do anything online that involves banking or the like til this is taken care of,,also,,I can just d/l the newer version without un-installing the older version,,correct ?

firebrddriver:

The error in the scan should not affect your use of the internet.

I suggest that you uninstall the prior version before installing the new one or else you most likely will end up with two (2) add/remove entries (one for the old version and one for the new).

Thanks,,other than un-installing from the control panel is there any other entries I should look for to delete,,or will a plain old uninstall be fine.

firebrddriver:

Actually this is what I do and recommend:

To completely uninstall Spybot-S&D including any system registry entries or files that may have been altered while using various features of Spybot:
    • Go into Spybot > Immunize.
      • Click "Undo" button (at the top of the right pane).
    • Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced Mode > Tools > Resident.
      • Uncheck (if checked) the following:
        • Resident "SDHelper" (Internet Explorer bad download blocker) active.
        • Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of over-all system settings) active.
    • Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced Mode > Tools > IE Tweaks.
      • Uncheck (if checked) any of the following "Miscellaneous locks":
        • Lock Hosts file read-only as protection against hijackers.
        • Lock IE start page setting against user changes (current user).
        • Lock IE control panel against opening from within IE (current user).
    • Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced Mode > Tools > Hosts file
      • Click the "Remove Spybot S&D hosts list" button (at the top)
    • Exit Spybot-S&D
    • Make sure that TeaTimer is not running by checking for the TeaTimer System Tray Icon. If the icon is there:
      • Right click Spybot's TeaTimer System Tray Icon > click Exit Spybot-S&D Resident. TeaTimer should close.
    • Go to Windows > Control panel > Add or Remove Programs > Locate "Spybot – Search & Destroy 1.4" > Remove.
    • Using Windows explorer, verified that the following folder has been delete. If not, delete it:
      • C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy
      Note: If you were running "SDHelper" you will have to exit all Internet Explorer sessions and may have to restart your system in order to delete the program folder.
    • If you want to make sure that all the registry entries that Spybot-S&D added during installation are removed, there is a .reg file available on the safer-networking.org WEB site that can do that (I recommend that you do this since some registry entries that were used in Soybot 1.4 are no longer used in Spybot 1.5). See the following article: