Thread: There were problems in the include file TrojansC.sbi ... see log

Default There were problems in the include file TrojansC.sbi ... see log

Hi -

I'm an experienced computer user. I'm using Win2K (fully patched) and Spybot S&D 1.4 and it is fully updated (I click on Search for Updates and it says No newer updates available).

I also use AVG Free and Comodo firewall v 2.4 . Other than Spybot those were the only programs running when this error happened. I do use Tea Timer but had shut it down.

I'm getting the error ...

There were problems in the include file C:\Program files\Spybot - Search _Destroy\Includes\TorjansC.sbi

See 'Include errors.log' for details.

I've looked in that log file and all the lines there have the same form as the 6 lines below ... nothing screams out ERROR. Here are the last 6 lines from that file:

C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes\Hijackers.sbi | CoolWWWSearch.Service | <$FILE_EXE>
    C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes\Trojans.sbi | Win32.Agent-gen.cws | <$FILE_EXE>
    C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes\Trojans.sbi | Win32.Agent-gen.cws | <$FILE_EXE>
    C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes\Trojans.sbi | Win32.Agent-gen.cws | <$FILE_LIBRARY>
    C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes\TrojansC.sbi | Zlob.DNSChanger.rtk | <$FILE_EXE>
    C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes\TrojansC.sbi | Zlob.DNSChanger.rtk | <$FILE_EXE>

I rebooted and scanned again and the same thing happed in exactly the same place.

The status line in Spybot S&D has the info below in it when the error happens.

Running bot-check (109780/120085: Please wait scanning download directo...

There was another post that listed a problem with the include file Trojans.sbi . That post said to extract the plugin TCPIPAddress.dll from a zip file and place it in the plugins dir. My plugins dir already has a TCPIPAddress.dll file in it. The date of last mod of the file is Wednesday, June 06, 2007, 11:41:40 AM. It has an MD5 of b51fcea34d150125af530dbce0816ceb .

I'm attaching a screen shot and the above mentioned log file.

If there is any other info I can provide please let me know.

Thank You!

Default Attachments

attachments ...

Default Attached screen shot

The screen shot has been zipped because it had a width in pixels that precluded directly attaching it.

I would take another screen shot if it weren't for the 45 minutes that I would have to wait for the error to appear again.

If I had known that I was going to have to zip this file I would have attached the log in the zip file as well.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

mrpete:

Upgrading to Spybot 1.5 appears to resolve the problem. See the posts starting with post #20 in this thread:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Eh, can this be? I've overlooked something as simple as "I'm a major version behing the times (for no good reason)?"

Switching from Spybot S&D version 1.4 to 1.5 did the trick. The problem is gone.

Thank you very much for the help <md usa spybot fan>!

It just goes to show you, people that really know what they're doing ... sometimes do not really know what they are doing.