Thread: TT attempting to take control of Explorer.

Default TT attempting to take control of Explorer.

This is more of just curious information not really a problem.

Why would TT need to take control of Explorer when it has been running on my system for several years without the need?

My system is in my sig and is as up to date as I can keep it. Comodo FireWallPro latest version has many features built in to assist in keeping my system running as smoothly as possible. Any activity of access or execution of any software sends me warnings. This latest one informed me of TT's activity and that has not ever shown before.

Thank you for reading my curiosity poster,
    LoneLurker"LoneWanderer""Adults are obsolete children. Dr. Seuss
    Win7 Pro SP1 x64;FireFox V. current: SBS&D V. current; WinPatrol, WinPrivacy, WinAntiRansom

Quote Originally Posted by LoneLurker View Post
    This is more of just curious information not really a problem.

Why would TT need to take control of Explorer when it has been running on my system for several years without the need?

My system is in my sig and is as up to date as I can keep it. Comodo FireWallPro latest version has many features built in to assist in keeping my system running as smoothly as possible. Any activity of access or execution of any software sends me warnings. This latest one informed me of TT's activity and that has not ever shown before.

Thank you for reading my curiosity poster,
    I'm using Comodo Firewall so what exactly do you mean by "taking control of explorer.exe" ?

If you mean "Interprocess Memory Access of explorer.exe", then it's a tottaly cool case.
    It's just using explorer.exe to pop-up some alert messages.

Default OK, so I did not remember what the popup said . . .

PiCoPi,

So my memory is not that good any more, er, never was . . just kidding!! I could not remember exactly what it said and you are very close.

Yes, you are probably more correct than I, but; there was something about the 'Parent program needing to control Explorer.' There was also something about it would have the same access as the present user, so I denied it. That has never happened before that I can remember, that is also proven to be NOT too good. Did not give any reason "why" and you have provided that.

Thank you for reading and giving that answer to my 'curious post toastie,
    Win7 Pro SP1 x64;FireFox V. current: SBS&D V. current; WinPatrol, WinPrivacy, WinAntiRansom

Yeah Comodo alerts can be a bit terrifying some times.

"Interprocess Memory Access" goes on with "parent application teatimer.exe wants to take over explorer.exe, which is a common practice for malware ..bla..bla", which is actually true since teatimer.exe does get hold of explorer.exe, but not for an evil purpose of course.

I used to run Comodo in clean PC mode for a whole month to learn the behavior of my programs, but even so I still get few new alerts from some of my safe programs, cause some things may happen like once in year, things that weren't learned in the one month of training.
    It is touchy, but I like it

Default This is what I like about these Forums . . .

You may ask a question and from the most unlikely source comes the best answers. Even some times the best questions do the same . . and even the Admins give some of the good answers. Ha! ! ha! ! really the Admins are very good at giving good answers when they are not busy with another question.

Thank you for the reply and reading my roasted posted toasters