I was looking at .dbx files with Filealyzer after I looked at the Outlook express folder and seen the size of the files and wounder why they were so big because I do not use the program. Well the dates were a couple years old on the file because I used OL once to get and save some email from hotmail.
But the files are filled with lots of thing that have nothing to do with the email.
Even after deleting all the hotmail email and deleting all from OL I still had all this added info in the .dbx file.
Then I deleted the .dbx files and open OL and it rebuild the files and again each one had added things in lthem like .lnk files of every program on my PC, bookmarks, website links and other type of files are listed.
See the two text files for the inbox and folder.
Note that some of the links listed are site I went to last night but I was using netscape.

Is this another way MS spys or tracks you like the the index.dat files.

I know WMP wmplibrary_v_0_12.db used to be some what the same when I looked at it years ago and seen it had lots and lots of bookmarks from netscape listed in it. After so doing I got it deleted because the same file would come back after a reboot but I got a newer smaller one and them made it a read only file.

But why are these things being added to the .dbx files.
Nothing gets added to them if I do not open OL but I like to know what is going on.