Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: about spyware

Default about spyware

spyware is suppose to used findout credit card no.etc
    but my question is how the process take place.
    how it send detail to remote computer

Lightbulb

Not all spyware do that. I think you're referring to keyloggers. Spyware infect your registry keys, display annoying ads, and "hijack" or change your IE homepage. Keyloggers remain silent in the computer background, tracking passwords, credit card #s, and usernames. Now in the creator's side, he/she gets the information about the passwords, credit card #s, in a program. It is displayed in plain text (most of the time). Keylogger do not just infect users "randomly"... it may infect users just by visiting a website (drive-by-download) or it may be bundled with a program. Usually, a anti-malware/spyware program will remove a majority of keyloggers that it finds on the users computer. The program identifies the keylogger by "fingerprints" or by heuristic analysis. But also note that there are variants of keyloggers and spyware.

Emeritus

user unknowingly installs trojan component(server) on own computer via a direct download or malicious website,instant messaging,crack,software,email attachment or some other social engineering trick as that is the easiest way.

attacker uses other trojan component (client) to connect to users machine. This is a remote access trojan. If successful the attacker has free use of your computer and possibly many other computers to use at will.

Another type of trojan may search for key word information like bank names, credit card info, passwords, log keystrokes, send info via email or upload. other types of trojans are html proxy (hides real user IP) or spam proxy (bounce spam via your computer) among others.
    installation for any type of trojan is the same. Trojans are now the most prevalent malware form. trojans can be customized/tailored to do just about anything.
    How Can I Reduce My Risk?

Unhappy about spyware

Dear Drragostea & shelflife,
    thanks for giving me full detail article.

Some people recommend the KeyScrambler-AddOn () against keyloggers.
    Last edited by ght1; 2008-04-23 at 19:54.

@tpro1: I wouldn't suggest that... Also, in my perspective, I believe it would not benefit the user who is free of keyloggers. It would be a futile add-on.

Edit: Some people recommend? Who are those people?

I think it's a second layer of security if your software can't detect a new keylogger. If you are free of viruses your antivirus software is a futile software?

Edit: Nice computer, i had the same one!
    Last edited by ght1; 2008-04-24 at 18:50.

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post
    It would be a futile add-on.

!!!Edit: Some people recommend? Who are those people?
    You did not answer my question. The scrambler you mentioned... it is a third-party add-on.

Some computer magacines

@tpro1... hahas. Sure. (scoff). The more add-ons on Mozilla Firefox... the slower it gets. I don't play with add-ons for fun.