Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Problems in Spybot S&D Includes-trojanC

Default Problems in Spybot S&D Includes-trojanC

Hello,

I am using Spybot S&D for over 4 years now without any problems. I am using only Spybot S&D 1.4 Version as 1.5.2 at the time of Installation, starts Downloading further Files which is Dead slow and so far I am not successful.

From the last 5 days after I downloading latest updates of 17/19 April, 2008, I am getting a Dialogue Box(Warning) at the fag end of Scanning(When I svan my Computer with Spybot S&D, almost when the scanning is about to complete)which says that there are problems in Includes/TrojanC file or some thing like that. I Uninstalled Spybot and again Downloaded it afresh and installed it and updated and immunised it. Then I started Scanning and again at the fag end of Scanning, I am getting the same warning. I repeated Uninstalling and again Installing for 3 Times, but that waning keeps coming.

What should I do?
    Last edited by tashi; 2008-04-23 at 07:43. Reason: Mod: removed commercial signature
    Krish

I tried the methods suggested in the thread:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...966#post184966
    but could not get my problem solved. My problam is still there.
    Krish

hello,

this is an issue related to new detection rules which are not compatible with Spybot S&D 1.4 , however this will not hamper the current working of Spybot S&D 1.4. The best way to deal with this is to update to Spybot S&D 1.5.2.

Edit:
    please download all plugins for Spybot 1.5.20, the TCP/IP settings plugin is not enough.

Edit 2:
    to be more precisely, install the root kit plugin, if you have Spybot S&D 1.5.2 , do not install it if your version is earlier
    Last edited by Yodama; 2008-04-23 at 07:44. Reason: added more infor
    born in the shadow to die in the shadow, that is the fate of the shinobi

Spybot S&D Downloads

Please help us improve Spybot and download our distributed testing client.

Quote Originally Posted by Yodama View Post
    hello,

this is an issue related to new detection rules which are not compatible with Spybot S&D 1.4 , however this will not hamper the current working of Spybot S&D 1.4. The best way to deal with this is to update to Spybot S&D 1.5.2.

Edit:
    please download all plugins for Spybot 1.5.20, the TCP/IP settings plugin is not enough.
    Hi Yodama,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I very much want to upgrade to Spybot S&D 1.5.2.but not able to. But I am ver happy to know that "however this will not hamper the current working of Spybot S&D 1.4.". This means that inspit of getting that waning my Spybot is doing its duty and my Computer is safe.

Thanks

I have to stay with 1.4 for now too, Krish. 1.5.2 slows me down too much.

Default ????

I HAVE 1.4,AN THE LAST WEEK OR SO WHEN I WOULD PUT ON SCAN, SEE INCLUDE ERRORS LOG WOULD POP UP,CLICK ON LINKS AN FOLLOWED INSTRUCTIONS,AFTER DOWNLOADING TCP/IP SETTINGS PLUG IN,SCANNED IT AGAIN AN IT HAPPENED AGAIN SEE ERRORS LOG ,ETC,ETC.SO WHAT CAN I DO ????

Lightbulb

See HERE.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Default Is it safe?

Lancer I agree with you re: 1.5 too slow caused me problems.

One would think the brilliant team behind Spybot S&D could tinker with 1.4 so as to make 1.4 compatible with latest detection rules.

I thank krishmura11 for bringing this topic up as I have been very concerned.

For Yodama thanks for helping the people who ask questions.
    I would like to know despite this warning window about Trojans on 1.4. Is my computer safe? Is the scanning looking for everything?
    If 1.5.2 had been workable I would use it but 1.4 has been a joy and works well on my older computer.

I'm in the same boat with v1.4, with one more problem - the first time I got this error (right after I updated), I also actually had a trojan. It said that I should remove it and disconnect from the internet while I reboot, since it attached something to XP's 'login' as well.

I followed Spybot's instructions, since it has never lead me astray before, and running it again says that there are now no problems found, but I wanted to confirm that everyone else is getting *two* errors about trojans when they run the updated v1.4 - one more than 3/4 of the way through and one right at the end. I hope that's what everyone's getting, because that's what I'm getting on my second computer that hopefully wasn't infected (but is on my network)...

Hello,

And you do not upgrade to Spybot version 1.5.2 because of....?

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot