Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Problems in Spybot S&D Includes-trojanC

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

PepiMK

Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK View Post
    ... that are named after kinds of tea, ...
    I was curious about the names Chai.dll, Fennel.dll and Mate.dll but not curious enough to think about doing a search for Chai, Fennel and Mate. Sure enough, the tea theme continues.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default My Pc Crashes When I Finish Scan

I am getting the same weird error message and then when I go to finish the scan, i.e. finish and fix selected problems, as soon as i do that, my computer goes blank, shuts itself down and restarts. Then I get a message from Microsoft telling me the comp. has suffered a major error. Microsoft directed me to the help centre and advised that it was some sort of driver error due to new hardware being installed and advised a system restore; I did that and it still has not fixed anyhting. S&D has never caused me a problem before; ever... The issue appears to be when it comes time to cleanout the "usage tracks" (GREEN), specifically in the Log section (in fact, after doing hundreds of scans, this is the first time I've ever seen those usage tracks).

Is it a bug? A virus on my PC? i tried updating $&D and rerunning. I also immunised (separate issue; i can't immunize everything and usually I can) Is there something fatally wrong with my S&D since my last update (yesterday) Should i simply uninstall???? Help, please..I hate computers

Default Thanks

PepiMK and md usa spybot fan you have been most helpful.
    I have been so impressed with the kindness and patience of the team here at Spybot. So many people who are inexperienced, unknowledgeable feel so lost and to have such helpful human beings on board is so refreshing and so relieving. I hope not to need your help in future but I feel calmer knowing you are all here. God bless.

Default Error Message

Excuse me for jumping in but I am having the same Trojan problem as well as the Update Problem.

I have version 1.5.1.15 running under Vista Home Premium and I can't update because after searching for updates I get a message that no updates are available.

Hello,

You seem to be using a dated version of Spybot-S&D.
    Please download our current version Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.5.2. That should fix it.
    You will find links to several download locations for this new version on our web site:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html
    Please search for new updates after installing Spybot-S&D 1.5.2.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Default Error Message

Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra View Post
    Hello,

You seem to be using a dated version of Spybot-S&D.
    Please download our current version Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.5.2. That should fix it.
    You will find links to several download locations for this new version on our web site:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html
    Please search for new updates after installing Spybot-S&D 1.5.2.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

I followed your suggestion and it worked. Thanks. I guess the moral is "don't believe everything you read" especially if it's from the Upgrade site.

Default Yet another ERROR MESSAGE

I have 1.4 and would like to keep it, I installed the root kit plugin at the time of my last post and it had fixed the problem. Now after the May 28 update there is a new error message. What plugin can solve this latest bug?

The reason I use 1.4 is that when I used the update feature in January to advance to 1.5.2 I had a problem thereafter with having to start computer in SAFE MODE and also my antivirus program would no longer uninstall, so I went back to 1.4 which I really like. I hope there is a way to solve this latest issue with 1.4 the root kit was easy and worked.

GEEWIZ:

Quote Originally Posted by GEEWIZ View Post
    ... there is a new error message. What plugin can solve this latest bug?
    There are no newer plugins that I am aware of. What is the error message?

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Quote Originally Posted by GEEWIZ View Post
    I have 1.4 and would like to keep it, I installed the root kit plugin at the time of my last post and it had fixed the problem. Now after the May 28 update there is a new error message. What plugin can solve this latest bug?

The reason I use 1.4 is that when I used the update feature in January to advance to 1.5.2 I had a problem thereafter with having to start computer in SAFE MODE and also my antivirus program would no longer uninstall, so I went back to 1.4 which I really like. I hope there is a way to solve this latest issue with 1.4 the root kit was easy and worked.
    Same problem here. 1.4 was working fine after installing the plugins until the May 28 updates.

Lancer:

It is difficult to help you. You indicated "Same problem here". Assuming that you are referring to GEEWIZ's post, neither you nor GEEWIZ have indicated what the error message you are getting nor the content of the "Include errors.log" if that is applicable to the error message.

The only thing that I can offer is that using Spybot 1.5.2.20 there have been no new plugins offered for downloading and using the current 2008-05-29 detection rule updates the scan seems to run fine.