Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kaspersky: Scan All?

Default Kaspersky: Scan All?

How do I make Kaspersky scan all my folders and files? When a scan is finished, it says: Object is locked.

Did it scan it, or skip it?

As for posting an Kaspersky log, how do you guys know which malware is where?

Thumbs down Are you paranoid?

When Kaspersky scans... it scans. It gives you the option to scan what for. Critical items, My Local Drives, Scan Individual folders... etc. The files are locked for a certain reason and are not concerned in the scan. Malware removal helpers will analyze the Kaspersky log.

Alright,

Is it possible that a virus can make my monitor not function correctly?

This is what happened:

My computer was locked
    I went to go watch TV
    Came back and the black screen thing appeared (I use Vista so a black screen appears after a few repeats of the screen saver)
    Shook mouse, computer would not re-uh...work?

Um. Well, viruses/malware can cause your screen/monitor to not function correctly. I had a friend who had Smitfraud and a bunch of other malware. It was just not... good. One example, would be installing an update for your video card. Her screen was "mess-up" and blurry. It looks more like the screen of a TV when it has no signal. I had to remove all the viruses and malware. The update worked then. I would suggest posting a thread for help in the malware forum... along with a hi-jack log. Thanks

Spybot S&D as well as Kaspersky found nothing. :/

As for other things, did anyone else get like this store thing from micrsoft.com?

My computer recently asked me if I wanted this program to access the internet (something about system32, might've been that svchost.exe, not sure) and I blocked it, because I had no idea why.

Just incase, I did a scan on my computer, and ploop, something about a store like X.X.microsoft.com shows up. I remove it, do another scan, shows up again.

Should I be worried...I did place microsoft.com to count as "Spyware" by my firewall. Did anyone else get this (I use Vista)? I just want to make sure it's not a virus or spyware that's not being found.

After 2 scans and 2 removals, it hasn't come up yet, but I never know. It was in System32 and could come back if I restarted my computer.

funkmeister... what do you mean when the Microsoft store... comes up on your monitor? Do you mean like a pop-up comes up? What firewall do you use (Sygate, Comodo, ZoneAlarm, etc.) I would suggest some other spyware cleaners... but first you'll have to specify your results. Thanks.

send an email to spybot.com team and mention the svchost.exe and see what they say.
    oh and let us know too

Hello,
    Quote Originally Posted by funkmeister99 View Post
    I did place microsoft.com to count as "Spyware" by my firewall.
    Why would you do that when running a Windows Operating System?

Might prevent you seeing such as http://support.microsoft.com/
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Well, I found that Spyware. It was detected by my Firewall.

I wasn't using the internet, but I found two spyware:

live365.com

and the one I was talking about that came back like in an instant:

onlinestores.metaservices.microsoft.com

Is that microsoft.com and safe?

live365 I think I blocked because I had no idea what it was.

By block, I mean like, my firewall lets me block what I want, and I decided to block a few websites I didn't know, never seen or heard about it, and that's why I did. Microsoft.com wasn't on the list, it was like X.X.microsoft.com.

Is onlinestores.metaservices.microsoft.com a microsoft.com website, or spyware?

I found it to be a tracking cookie. live365 particularly and what firewall are you using? You didn't answer my question.