Thread: Immunization question

Default Immunization question

After running a scan I notice I have one or two problems that I've "fixed" before,,my question is this,,should I immunize after fixing these problems so they don't show again,,or is there something else I can do,,many thanks for your continued help. Oh I other question about immunizing,,if after you immunize and then have a problem that never existed before,,can you "undo" the latest immunization and hopefully fix that,,its never happened to me,,just asking in case it does.
    Last edited by firebrddriver; 2008-04-25 at 20:10.

hi firebrddriver,

Sorry, I don't quite understand your first question - do you mind if you provide some more details?

But I can definitely answer your second question - There is an 'undo' button so that you can undo an immunization

Sorry for any mis-understanding,,after running a scan I find two problems,,I then ask spybot to "fix" them,,OK,,now maybe a few days later after running a scan again the same two problems appear again. Now I know its probably because of a site myself or my wife goes to,,one of them is something called,,"coupon bar",,or something like that. I can't recall the other,,my question is this,,if after asking spybot to "fix" these two,,should I immunize so spybot recognizes these two problems in the future ? Not only for these but any problems found,,should you immunize right after a fix?,,Now I believe the reason these two problems re-appear is because of my wife or I visiting whatever site is placing them on the computer,,in other words,,just because I "fixed" them one time,,if I visit the same site they will re-appear,,,correct? Hope you understand,,I'm not very good with puters,,,thanks again.
    Last edited by firebrddriver; 2008-04-27 at 22:49.

Hi fire. If I'm understanding your question correctly, you're asking whether you should immunize after "fixing" the problems correct? ... My question would be, "Why would you do that?". After downloading the latest updates, you should immunize. Or are you saying that some items are not immunized in the Immunize tab? Spybot-SD does not give users the option to "recognize" anything... it just detects items that are in it's database. If I'm seeing the correctly, this Coupnbar is an adware. I would suggest you visit the Malware Removal portion of this forum.

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288