Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you prefer Windows XP or a dish of Vista?

Question Would you prefer Windows XP or a dish of Vista?

Although this topic may sound outdated... I just wanted to know. I'm tempted to purchase Home Premium for home use... and with all the enhancements and performance improvements, I'm just planning to switch to Vista. What do others think?

Smile vista and ubuntu

I have a vista home premium laptop and a xp desktop, and I actually prefer the vista laptop. Overall I think my vista experience has been quite good - Ive only had a couple of driver issues

Since I now use my vista laptop as my primary machine, I don't really use the desktop. Out of boredom I turned it on - and saw how 'different' it was. Ive had some issues with it so I decided to install ubuntu (due to the recent release of 'hardy heron')

Wow, I was amazed with ubuntu Everything in Ubuntu is so integrated - for example, for my router to work on windows I needed to install the software (and then uninstall all of the junkware that came with it just to leave the software I want!) where as in ubuntu - I just went to firefox and it worked (I didn't need to install anything)

Anyway, vista works well - but for it to run smoothly I'd recommend getting 2GB or more of ram (especially if you want to use aero)

Vista Premium and Ultimate for me.

I still have XP Pro on an older laptop, but only because I can't upgrade it due to a problem that lays within an Intel chip.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Ah. (sigh) Well, I won't be getting another desktop until the Summer . Ever heard of a computer with 4 GB of RAM?

I much prefer Vista to XP.I still have a desktop with XP,but hardly ever use it anymore.

Malware Team-Emeritus

XP, it's much easier to navigate. Vista has a lot of nice new features which I really like, but I'm really stuck now. Despite spending a year on Vista and restraining myself from using XP, I am very lost.

Ever heard of a computer with 4 GB of RAM?
    Yes, but it will probably not show the full 4GB on 32-bit machine. It's basically a limitation of 32-bit computers. I've got a 64-bit computer, but never fully utilize it.

If you can adapt to changes fast, getting used to Vista isn't too hard.
    扎西德勒 微笑中有阳光 不放弃的人都拥有希望

Please do not message me for help. Create a new topic in the Malware Removal room instead.

Ah, I see. I'm starting to like Vista already... but I'm not sure if I want a Vista Home Premium desktop or labtop. I heard that desktops have a longer life than labtops. But for now Vista's gotta wait to the Summer. For now I'm waiting for FF3 and Windows XP SP3 .

Thumbs up

i thought that vista was the SP3 of XP. heard my friend saying that. i prefer vista ultimate. the features are nice but require more superior graphics and better comp specs.

found an article on the overview of the Windows XP Service pack 3
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/i...splaylang%3den

Well apparently, Windows Vista OS is not the SP3 of Windows XP. Your friend got it wrong. Service packs are so called "upgrades" and enhancements and tweaks. The reason for Service packs is to patch the "holes" in the system and make it run smoother. Thanks for the link though.

I plan to get Vista Home Premium because Ultimate is too expensive for me :P, and I would us the desktop for word processing and web.