Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Would you prefer Windows XP or a dish of Vista?

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post
    Would anyone consider the Vista Transformation Pack? Does it contain malicious codes or viruses that will harm my computer? Thanks for any tips.

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post
    Would anyone consider the Vista Transformation Pack? Does it contain malicious codes or viruses that will harm my computer? Thanks for any tips.
    The vista transformation pack is free of any malware - but installing it slows down your computer a lot.

You will have to decide between a: productive or 'shiny' machine

Thanks honda12, . I had version 8 a few weeks ago. However, I just installed it, stripped of the 3rd party extensions. I would avoid them, because not only does it take up RAM, start-up "spaces", and it just looks horrible in the GUI. The majority of them are still in beta. I might plan to install the next version, but I am doubtful. .

Just skeptical, because McAfee Siteadvisor rated {www.windowsxlive.net} as a red "dangerous" site. I would use McAfee, because the LinkScanner that came with AVG 8.0 Free rated it green... futile. >;P.

McAfee Site Details:

http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/win...false&aff_id=0

I am still stubbornly working with an XP and refuse to go to Vista as long as possible...I may even..(gulp)...buy a MAC just to avoid Vista
    "Sure, I'll take the advice of someone with no background in IT training. lol"

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by angie1313 View Post
    I am still stubbornly working with an XP and refuse to go to Vista as long as possible...I may even..(gulp)...buy a MAC just to avoid Vista
    heh, you either love it or you hate it!

Ahahas. Mac is getting more sophisticating by the week. Now the iMac is now thinner than before. With Superdrives, hi-resolution monitors, and all that tech stuff. Lols, I found iMac to be unique because the monitor and desktop is all in one screen. The keyboard and the mouse looks pretty good. I wanted one of those keyboards. It's so flextible... .