Thread: There Is No Disk in the Drive. Please Insert a Disk into Drive \Device\harddisk\Dr1

Default There Is No Disk in the Drive. Please Insert a Disk into Drive \Device\harddisk\Dr1

I found by someone else who had this problem and someone sent him to this webpage.
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;330137
    I followed the instructions but the program wont let me change the letter assigned to my master hard drive. There is currently no drive assigned to C:/ someone please help. Also I just formatted my hard drive and reinstalled windows XP.

Lightbulb

Try this link
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Those are the same instructions

Unhappy

In that case I'm out of ideas, sorry
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Hello,

Which version of Spybot - Search & Destroydo you run?

This is a known problem which can occur in Windows.
    The problem is usually cause by having Drive C assigned to a device with removable media. If you have that situation then either put media in Drive C or reassign the device to another letter.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

I have spybot version 1.52 and I've tried changing my USB drives from C: but it wont let me change the drive letter of my HDD to any other letter other than H:

Red face There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive\Device\Harddisk3\DR6

Hi - I am having a similar issue. If I click continue on the error messages about 3 times, it lets me into Spybot S&D (which operates fine), but the error is getting very annoying - and as it appears on startup of windows as well as when I open the application itself - it is slowing things down.
    I have tried uninstalling Spybot S&D - but this doesn't remove all the components and the error keeps popping up on startup - so it looks like I'm stuck with this pesky error...I really hope not as it is beginning to drive me nuts!

The suggested links do nothing (sorry) - surely someone can help?

Thanks either way!

I just posted about this on a more active forum, hopefully I will get an answer that works there.
    Heres a link to the post

Quote Originally Posted by Cerebralcow View Post
    I found by someone else who had this problem and someone sent him to this webpage.
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;330137
    I followed the instructions but the program wont let me change the letter assigned to my master hard drive. There is currently no drive assigned to C:/ someone please help. Also I just formatted my hard drive and reinstalled windows XP.
    ________________________________________________________________________________________
    I'm to old to chase a problem like this down. I expect the program to be smart enough to handle this silly message.

As it stands, it's of no value -- I like it to run something while I'm using this software -- instead of dealing with several dozen warning messages that are put up in the middle of the screen.

Hello lrleslie,

This topic is from 2008, do you have a current issue you'd like assistance with?

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016