Thread: Spybot scan freezes up during scan

Default Spybot scan freezes up during scan

Hi.

For the past few weeks, whenever I execute a spybot scan it freezes up at the same point. I have deleted the files in the temporary folder in the Windows folder and I have also unticked the checkbox in front of "Create system restore point when fixing spyware/usage tracks", in the section "Main settings", but the problem hasn't been solved. I am attaching a print screen of the point at which the error occurs and a log file generated by spybot. Could you please help me to overcome this problem?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Yiannis; 2008-04-28 at 13:21. Reason: Adding additional information

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Yiannis:

Is this that same problem as in this thread?

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default Problem Still Exists

Hello,
    I firstly want to appologize for any confusion that I may have caused. I am new to the spybot's forum community and I wasn't sure if my first thead was posted, so I reposted the problem.
    Regarding my problem, the situation hasn't changed. I am using a laptop running Windows XP SP2. Before posting in the forum I had already tried scanning my computer in safe mode but the scan never completed as well as deleting my explorer's cookies temporary iternet files etc. After your advice I increased the amount of my laptop's virtual memory but I observed no change in the scan's completion. I also deactivated the scanning for usage tracks.
    Furthermore, there is no resident.log file in the spybot folder under the application data folder.
    I would be grateful if you can advise me on further action I can take in order to solve this problem.
    Thanks
    Yiannis