Thread: There were problems in the include file error

Default There were problems in the include file error

Hello I received a strange message I never recieved before
    Would someone please take a look and tell me what this means?
    (My laptop Info)
    1.Operating System Vista Home Basic
    2.Browser and Version FireFox 2.0.0.14
    3.Version of Spybot S&D 1.5.1.1.15
    4.Date of the latest update April 28 2008
    While running a scan an error message pops up and says:
    "There were problems in the include file C:\Programs Files\Spybot-search_Destroy\Includes\TrojansC.sbi See error log for details"

The error log says:
    4/28/2008 7:47:13 AM C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes\Trojans.sbi | Win32.Agent.frl | <$FILE_SYSTEM>
    4/28/2008 7:47:14 AM C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes\Trojans.sbi | Win32.Agent.frl | <$FILE_EXE>
    4/28/2008 8:13:22 AM C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes\TrojansC.sbi | Zlob.DNSChanger | <$FILE_EXE>
    4/28/2008 8:13:22 AM C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes\TrojansC.sbi | Zlob.DNSChanger | <$FILE_EXE>
    4/28/2008 8:13:22 AM C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes\TrojansC.sbi | Zlob.DNSChanger.rtk | <$FILE_EXE>

Does this mean I am infected, AVG did not catch anything yet but I had to turn it off for a while to install The Battle for Middle earth Anthology and forgot to re-enable it til the next day. I know it was very stupid of me.
    Can someone please take a look and tell me what this means?
    Thanks I really appreciate your time
    Hanaleia
    Last edited by tashi; 2008-04-28 at 21:25. Reason: Moved from False Positives

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Hanaleia:

The errors you are getting are caused by new detection rules that are incompatible with Spybot 1.4. Some of the new detection rules use the new Anti-Rootkit plugins #1, #2 and #3 that only have been offered as updates to Spybot 1.5.2. If you upgrade to Spybot 1.5.2 you will not only eliminate the error messages but in also will be performing rootkit searches while doing a Spybot "Check for problems".

To upgrade to Spybot 1.5.2, download and execute the installation program spybotsd152.exe from one of the mirror sites listed here:

I personally recommend that you uninstall any previous versions of Spybot before installing the new version. To completely uninstall Spybot-S&D including any system registry entries or files that may have been altered while using various features of Spybot:
    • Go into Spybot > Immunize.
      • Click "Undo" button (at the top of the right pane).
    • Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced Mode > Tools > Resident.
      • Uncheck (if checked) the following:
        • Resident "SDHelper" (Internet Explorer bad download blocker) active.
        • Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of over-all system settings) active.
    • Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced Mode > Tools > IE Tweaks.
      • Uncheck (if checked) any of the following "Miscellaneous locks":
        • Lock Hosts file read-only as protection against hijackers.
        • Lock IE start page setting against user changes (current user).
        • Lock IE control panel against opening from within IE (current user).
    • Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced Mode > Tools > Hosts file
      • Click the "Remove Spybot S&D hosts list" button (at the top)
    • Exit Spybot-S&D
    • Make sure that TeaTimer is not running by checking for the TeaTimer System Tray Icon. If the icon is there:
      • Right click Spybot's TeaTimer System Tray Icon > click Exit Spybot-S&D Resident. TeaTimer should close.
    • Go to Windows > Control panel > Add or Remove Programs > Locate "Spybot – Search & Destroy" > Remove.
    • Using Windows explorer, verified that the following folder has been delete. If not, delete it:
      • C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy
      Note: If you were running "SDHelper" you will have to exit all Internet Explorer sessions and may have to restart your system in order to delete the program folder.
    • If you want to make sure that all the registry entries that Spybot-S&D added during installation are removed, there is a .reg file available on the safer-networking.org WEB site that can do that (I recommend that you do this since some registry entries that were used in Soybot 1.4 are no longer used in Spybot 1.5). See the following article:
    [/QUOTE]
    Last edited by md usa spybot fan; 2008-04-28 at 17:01.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default Not sure how to proceed

Hello thanks for your prompt reply and your help. I have followed the directions but when i get to the direct download link for "this very small fix" or "remove spybotsd settings.req" following the link does not take me to a downloadsite just a page opens that has the command regedit 4 then lots of code for the registry. Not sure how to proceed from here could you resend me the download link again please or maybe I am doing something wrong.
    Thank you

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Hanaleia:

Download the file by saving it to your system. Then double click on the saved remove-spybotsd-settings.reg file to execute it.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default Thank you

I did what you said and just ran Spybot S&D again and it worked like a charm thanks again for your time and patience