Thread: where's teatimer

Default where's teatimer

I want to set Spybot 1.5 to run at start so did that manually. But I cannot find teatimer and teatimer exe is not in the c:\Program Files\Spybot. EDIT OK found it so long since I used Spybot I am a beginner again
    Last edited by johnwrites; 2008-04-28 at 21:19.

Quote Originally Posted by johnwrites View Post
    I want to set Spybot 1.5 to run at start so did that manually. But I cannot find teatimer and teatimer exe is not in the c:\Program Files\Spybot. EDIT OK found it so long since I used Spybot I am a beginner again
    No I cannot start teatimer from the task manager -windows cannot find-. And teatimer.exe is not in the c:\Program Files\Spybot.

Teatimer.exe is now a hidden file,so that may be why you cannot see it in the Program Files\Spybot-Search & Destroy folder.

Here is how to show hidden files and folders,if you wish to check for it.
    http://www.xtra.co.nz/help/0,,4155-1916458,00.html
    You can rehide the hidden files and folders by reversing those directions.

If you would like Teatimer to run at startup,you could accomplish that by opening Spybot,clicking mode,then Advanced Mode,saying Yes to the prompt,then Clicking Tools,Resident and putting a checkmark beside Resident "Teatimer".
    You can return Spybot to default mode by clicking mode,then selecting Default mode.
    Last edited by Zenobia; 2008-04-28 at 21:58. Reason: made an oops.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Teatimer.exe is now a hidden file,so that may be why you cannot see it in the Program Files\Spybot-Search & Destroy folder.
    Thanks didn't know that
    Here is how to show hidden files and folders,if you wish to check for it.http://www.xtra.co.nz/help/0,,4155-1916458,00.htmlYou can rehide the hidden files and folders by reversing those directions.
    OK I will take your word its there!
    If you would like Teatimer to run at startup,you could accomplish that by opening Spybot,clicking mode,then Advanced Mode,saying Yes to the prompt,then Clicking Tools,Resident and putting a checkmark beside Resident "Teatimer".
    Managed that
    You can return Spybot to default mode by clicking mode,then selecting Default mode.
    Thanks for your help in this
    Last edited by johnwrites; 2008-04-28 at 22:05.

You're welcome.